Manual transmission swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordblood

Reaction score
Has anyone done an automatic to manual transmission swap in their bronco? What were some of the challenges and which transmission did you choose?

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Well.., it's about a 4 banana job....

These two stores have (or used to ) a list of swapout parts needed.  Auto to stick & vice-versa.

www.tomsbroncoparts.com      www.wildhorses4x4.com

(This is for the EB but the necessary parts are the same)

Basically, you'll need;

Clutch & flywheel assy., bell housing, trannie, adaptor, output shaft, your T-case may work, dr. shaft adjustments,

maybe a new crossmember, foot-pedal assy., etc., etc. And, a lot of patience... $-)   :-"

OP
OP
F

fordblood

Reaction score
I think I'm going to find am f series and just take every thing off of it and put it in my truck. Seems like that would be the easiest way to source all that is needed.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Where's all your pics..????

Don't know if you'd like a T-18..?   Prob. better off with an OD gear.

Seems you're like me in that I like a stick-shift.  I like to "drive"  :D/   rather than "ride"  |-)  ........

OP
OP
F

fordblood

Reaction score
I've only loaded 3 pics so far. I was wanting to switch to manual transmission to have more control on the rocks and a much lower first gear. OD would be great! E9ta-ta from a 92 f series is  a 5 speed with a final drive of -0.72 and first gear is I think 5.72, which is much lower than my c6. T18 first gear is 6 something but doesn't have a helical cut firt. Lots of choices. At any rate, when I decide what I want I think finding an f series with all the parts would be ideal for sourcing.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22