Looking for front license plate suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djdoherty450

Reaction score
I'm picking up my fathers 1996 Eddie Bauer soon, he has taken great care of it since he bought it new 25 years ago. He lived in the free state of New Hampshire and always garaged it in the winter. In New Hampshire the requirement for license plates is only one rear plate. I, however, live in the People Communist Republic of Massachussetstan and we have to have plates on both the back and front of the vehicle.

The bronco doesn't have a front license bracket and I've looked at a Napa, Walmart and Autozone and can't find a bracket that looks like it would fit. I contacted two Ford dealerships and neither one of them could find anything that would work given the age of the vehicle. Has anyone been in a similar situation, if so, do you know which part i would need and a place that I could find it in stock?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I'm picking up my fathers 1996 Eddie Bauer soon, he has taken great care of it since he bought it new 25 years ago. He lived in the free state of New Hampshire and always garaged it in the winter. In New Hampshire the requirement for license plates is only one rear plate. I, however, live in the People Communist Republic of Massachussetstan and we have to have plates on both the back and front of the vehicle.

The bronco doesn't have a front license bracket and I've looked at a Napa, Walmart and Autozone and can't find a bracket that looks like it would fit. I contacted two Ford dealerships and neither one of them could find anything that would work given the age of the vehicle. Has anyone been in a similar situation, if so, do you know which part i would need and a place that I could find it in stock?
Try a junk yard. If their is none in your area.Their is a member on hear from Michigan. He sales bronco,s and parts for different years. I,ll try and find him.He joined about a week ago.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Bronco parts and garage-he is also on YOUTUBE. i,M SURE HE WOULD HAVE WHAT YOU NEED--BOLTS AND ALL.-Look in forms of last week and you,ll find him under BRONCOPARTSAND GARAGE.-hE HAS ALL DIFFERENT YEARS, i THINK HE HAD A 95 MODEL ON LAST WEEK SCRAPING PARTS FROM IT. iTS PROBABLE THE SAME THING

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo djdoherty450,
As johnnyreb advised, for a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.
If a specific part isn't listed, search again for the next higher assembly, such as in this instance,

Selection: 1994 >Ford > Bronco > Front Body > Front Bumper > 01136B Chrome, W O Bumper Cutouts; Rub Strips

Part Details​

Screenshot_20210926-072243_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210926-071912_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210926-071943_Chrome.jpg

Or

?hash=fb930709a3aa470b874606999ee8f078.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-072145_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-072145_Chrome.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
D

djdoherty450

Reaction score
What an awesome community I've joined! Thanks everyone for the info and the time out of your day to response to my question.

I took the advice and started searching for local junk yards and found a "pick and pull" salvage yard the next town over that I didn't know even existed. I contacted their main sales line and they said they do not have a bronco at the moment but some F series and Econoline van of the same 90s generation use the same front bracket and that i just need to find the ones that have a lower mount that attached underneath the front bumper and they a bunch of those in the yard so I'm heading there tomorrow at lunch.

Thanks again

johnnyreb

Reaction score
What an awesome community I've joined! Thanks everyone for the info and the time out of your day to response to my question.

I took the advice and started searching for local junk yards and found a "pick and pull" salvage yard the next town over that I didn't know even existed. I contacted their main sales line and they said they do not have a bronco at the moment but some F series and Econoline van of the same 90s generation use the same front bracket and that i just need to find the ones that have a lower mount that attached underneath the front bumper and they a bunch of those in the yard so I'm heading there tomorrow at lunch.

Thanks again
Yes ,alot of the pick -up parts will interchange too. Your welcome and welcome to the club.

pappy19

Reaction score

Any F150 bumper from 91-96 will fit and it's exactly the same as a Bronco bumper. If nothing else, LTC should have an aftermarket.

Bricknose

Reaction score

I have a 1990 Bronco I actually took the front bracket off and bolted it right on the bumper came out really nice I am not a front bumper guy but it like so good I put it on use the same holes but you need to drill one side

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,
I showed two F Series that have the exact same bumper and license plate "bracket".

This is what wrote about a Hollander yard that have fast, interchangeable part matches.

ablediver

Reaction score
Hah,
I just escaped from the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts to the Free State of Florida !! You can pick up the license plate bracket from LMC Truck
That's all I have to say about that......

ablediver

Reaction score
OK. In the mean time, "zip strips" a.k.a. wire tires. There's also a guy in Taunton, MA who parts out 92-96 F-series trucks. I just bought a pair of OEM polished 10-hole rims with usable tires for spares for $100. He's in Boston area Craigslist under "Bronco for Sale".
BTW---my pronouns are " YO, DUDE, and EH "

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo djdoherty450,
As johnnyreb advised, for a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
If a specific part isn't listed, search again for the next higher assembly, such as in this instance,

Selection: 1994 >Ford > Bronco > Front Body > Front Bumper > 01136B Chrome, W O Bumper Cutouts; Rub Strips

Part Details​

View attachment 28602

View attachment 28599View attachment 28600

Or

View attachment 28603
Mike ,did you NOTICE the price they are asking for one ? They are PLASTIC---not GOLD. Anywhere from $100-$200. They look just like the one I have on my Dodge. Postage plus part should not be over $20. The one on my Dodge was held on by plastic screws. One day coming back from huntin. I saw one lying in the middle of the road. I stopped to pick it up. Come to find out. It fell off my truck. I just tossed it in the back. When I got home. I got some good bolts and taps. Put a plate on WITHOUT the plate holder . It looks better and hasn,t come off in 20 years.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo
Mike ,did you NOTICE the price they are asking for one ? They are PLASTIC---not GOLD. Anywhere from $100-$200. They look just like the one I have on my Dodge. Postage plus part should not be over $20. The one on my Dodge was held on by plastic screws. One day coming back from huntin. I saw one lying in the middle of the road. I stopped to pick it up. Come to find out. It fell off my truck. I just tossed it in the back. When I got home. I got some good bolts and taps. Put a plate on WITHOUT the plate holder . It looks better and hasn,t come off in 20 years.
Yo Johnny,
Yes I did notice the price, but as I wrote it's for a 1994 >Ford > Bronco > Front Body > Front Bumper > 01136B Chrome, W O Bumper Cutouts; Rub Strips

Again,

for a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
●If a specific part isn't listed, search again for the next higher assembly, such as in this instance,

OP
OP
D

djdoherty450

Reaction score
OK . Posted in member profile
I need to do the same. Just got the title and having the insurance company handle the registry. Then it’s just a matter of running up there to drive it back. Original plan was to tow it back with a U-Haul car transporter, the one with two axles, not the dolly. Each time I went to pick it up they couldn’t honor the reservation. Hopefully I’ll have a better picture to post for my intro a couple weeks in the new user section.

Attachments

• A86D7D63-6D19-4DE3-99D6-7C87FE6E838F.jpeg
    A86D7D63-6D19-4DE3-99D6-7C87FE6E838F.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 6

chrlsful

Reaction score
I'm going to NH for the same (a fox-bodied waggy) this Sun. No local car haulers (I'd need to p/u in Spfld MA U-haul). Buddy in Easthamp has one so will tow back to Amherst w/his.
In MA we needa plate on the car if any wheels touch rd...
AND
BTW: Just bolt er to the bumper (less U want fancy). I bet the big bx stores gotta bracket.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke