Lift Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DunnellonDave

Reaction score
Hey Guys My first post here. I am looking for some opinions on lift kits. I owned my 70 Bronco many years ago and had to sell it. I recently bought it back and it had been garage kept for 10 years with only 2500 miles put on it. Thats the good news! Bad news is all the bushings underneath are all rotted and need to be replaced. It has a Sky Jacker 3.5 inch life with blocks in the back. I am looking for a new lift that includes all new bushings. I am thinking about going with the James Duff 3.5 with shock hoops and new leafs in the back. Has anyone had this lift installed on their Bronco and likes or dislikes? I called and wanted to make sure after installing my Bronc would ride level. They said as long as I went with the medium springs it should be fine. I also like the all blue as it matches my paint. The springs and bushings now are red and just look out of place. Any opinions or advice is greatly appreciated! Gonna see if I can add a pic of my ride on here. I sold it under the condition I got first dibs if he ever wanted to sell it. Hard to find good friends like that.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi Dave, welcome...! >:D< <'>

All the EB stores have pretty much the same set-up & quality. The main improvment is the progressive coils & 11 pak rear leafs.

Duffys may be a bit pricier than Wild horses, Toms, JBG, & others but, they're a bit closer to you.

SkyJacker is old school & was not a good set-up. Sooo.., your new system will suprise you how well it works. (I was)

I'm assuming you're talking system "G" at Duffs...?

Dual shocks are over-**** unless you're rock crawling. Long/short, this was done to sell the dual systems. A sales gimick... i.e. saying they prevent rollovers,etc.

Just for looks.., ya they work for that. :D/

Rubber radius arm "donuts" flex better than the poly.., so you have a choice there.

ALSO, the front steering geometry has to be correct for a lift. I'm assuming that issue was dealt with after the old lift..?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
DunnellonDave

DunnellonDave

Reaction score
Hi Dave, welcome...! >:D< <'>

All the EB stores have pretty much the same set-up & quality. The main improvment is the progressive coils & 11 pak rear leafs.

Duffys may be a bit pricier than Wild horses, Toms, JBG, & others but, they're a bit closer to you.

SkyJacker is old school & was not a good set-up. Sooo.., your new system will suprise you how well it works. (I was)

I'm assuming you're talking system "G" at Duffs...?

Dual shocks are over-**** unless you're rock crawling. Long/short, this was done to sell the dual systems. A sales gimick... i.e. saying they prevent rollovers,etc.

Just for looks.., ya they work for that. :D/

Rubber radius arm "donuts" flex better than the poly.., so you have a choice there.

ALSO, the front steering geometry has to be correct for a lift. I'm assuming that issue was dealt with after the old lift..?
Thanks for the reply Bob. I really don't know about the geometry of the steering....I mean I bought it and drove it for over ten years with no problems so I assume everything is ok there. What is it I should know or be looking for?? I have a buddy who will be installing the kit and power steering all at once. He has built a few mud trucks from the ground up so I assume he would know all these things but I would like to learn them myself also. It is the system "G", and it might be a little over **** but I want it to handle well on road as well as off. No rock crawling in my future, but you never know when you might need to crawl over a chevy! lol

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
"What is it I should know or be looking for??"

Sounds like it's OK. The drag link & track bar should be close to parallel.

Usually, a drop pitman arm &/or track bar drop bracket address that.

You likely have one or both. This mod prevents bump-steer.

An adjustable track bar allows you to center the body over the frame/wheels.

The "C" bushings take care of the caster. The radius arms need to be parallel as there torqued to the axle... otherwise you can get a "Bronco lean" after their installed & the trucks weight is on the axle.

What power steering did you get..? Some spouts stick down lower than others.

The "G" system isn't over-**** at all. It's a step-up fr. stock.

However, it's prob. just right for what you intend. Just the dual shocks are not really necessary.

The HD kits are something else..!! Mega travel yet still road worthy.

THE MAIN THING.... SAFTY..!!!! Don't skimp on stablizing the truck before/with the axles out.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22