just had the weirdest thing happen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Bronco58

Reaction score
i was just outside on my lunch break and decided to sit in my truck and crank the ac, i turned the truck on, kicked the ac on max and high, it didnt feel cold at all and its always ice cold, so i reved the engine up to about 2 grand to get things moving faster, and all of the sudden i hear this horrible screeching/grinding kind of sound so i let off the gas, i hit the gas a little again and it does the same thing, only this time i see smoke. so i shut the truck off and decide to inspect, i see nothing. i restart the truck, crank the ac, get under the hood, and rev it up, all of the sudden that noise happens again and a big **** of smoke comes from i believe the ac compressor and it smelled a little weird, and burnt my throat some, was this the refrigerant leaking out of there somehow? is there like a pressure realease blow off valve on the compressor? i thought maybe it was soemthing siezing up pully wise and the sound and smoke was the belt slipping around the froze pully and burning but this smoke was white and had a smell not of burning rubber, whats everyone think about that one?

Seabronc

Reaction score
I think your compressor bit the dust or it blew a gasket at one of the conections to it.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
89Bronco58

89Bronco58

Reaction score
yeah im not exactly sure what happend it was so fast, but i unplugged the compressor so it cannot be turned on and it hasnt done it since, i rarely used my ac anyway, but i kind of want to keep it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke