Just bought this 1986 Bronco 5.0l with manual trans, UPDATE - Couple more questions, Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well notice where it STOPS and look in the runner--it could be dry or oput of alignment. Try some type of oil in the runner and see if it travels more. That could be your problem.
Ialso seen on hear.Where the piece that goes across on the bottom of the window had RUSTED OUT. So check it ALL OUT.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hmm maybe, not sure how to tell it did work when I bought truck
Well if its hot their or in he hot sun. Wait till it cools down. Get where its cool and think about what all it could be. Working in the heat and sun can makes things alot more miserable and harder. Step back and take a good look at the seams and the window are. .Then think about the motor. Old dried up grease can be your problem in the motor. Then it could be inside the tail gate.A bad wire. You,ll find it and I have confidence in you--we all do..Just take your time and you,ll see the problem--remeber 3 areas-alignment of window---motor and tailgate area parts.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well if its hot their or in he hot sun. Wait till it cools down. Get where its cool and think about what all it could be. Working in the heat and sun can makes things alot more miserable and harder. Step back and take a good look at the seams and the window are. .Then think about the motor. Old dried up grease can be your problem in the motor. Then it could be inside the tail gate.A bad wire. You,ll find it and I have confidence in you--we all do..Just take your time and you,ll see the problem--remeber 3 areas-alignment of window---motor and tailgate area parts.
Also if it just quit--check the fuse or dash switch.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hears what the inside motor looks like
Alot of time it just needs the dried up grease and dirt cleaned out and put a little grease on the gear. Remeber--the more grease put in--the more dirt it will attract and hold. It just needs a little.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hears what the inside motor looks like
I also have a couple of pictures of the inside parts that showed bad ares If you need to see it.Someone posted them on hear and I saved them--so you won,t have to look for them.If you need them.Let me know.

OP
OP
S

Smafugula

Reaction score
I also have a couple of pictures of the inside parts that showed bad ares If you need to see it.Someone posted them on hear and I saved them--so you won,t have to look for them.If you need them.Let me know.
Thanks man. I really appreciate your insight on all this!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
This bar lies below the window and you can see what rusted out and caused the window not to work right--one reason to check everything--while you have it apart and fix all of it while your at it. Good luck.

Attachments

• rusted_window_bracket.JPG
    rusted_window_bracket.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
S

Smafugula

Reaction score
Quite alright. I believe in helping anyone if I can be of some help. Will you need any pictures of the inside parts--to look out for bad areas?
I may when I get to workin on it, I’ll let ya know. Really just want to know how avoid getting my finger cut off when removing motor. Something about makin sure the window is all the way out?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I may when I get to workin on it, I’ll let ya know. Really just want to know how avoid getting my finger cut off when removing motor. Something about makin sure the window is all the way out?
Just take your time and watch everything is not in the way. Its been awhile since I took mine out. The window was broken. It was a hot day in the summer and I had just scraped the mud out behind the back tires. I walked around and just closed the dorr and thought I heard more mud fall down. I started to walk around and see and their was the back wind in many--many piece--its tempered glass . You might want to get help taking it out. Its kind of awkard. My motor was bolted in. I heard some say theirs was riveted in. You,ll know when you see it. If its riveted in.Drill them out and get the same size bolts and about the a little longer. Because you,ll want to add lock washers to secure the taps.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
This is how big the piece is that holds the motor .Now you might have to fold up the ends to get it out.Whick is now problem. If your afraid of getting your hands cut. Get a heavy duty leather pair of gloves on. Mine has been cut some many times. I cuss and go on. Its part of the language of bronco tinkering.

Attachments

• bm5IK15h.jpg
    bm5IK15h.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 1

johnnyreb

Reaction score
This is how big the piece is that holds the motor .Now you might have to fold up the ends to get it out.Whick is now problem. If your afraid of getting your hands cut. Get a heavy duty leather pair of gloves on. Mine has been cut some many times. I cuss and go on. Its part of the language of bronco tinkering.
When the weather clears back up. I,ll get a picture of mine.Sill in the tailgate.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
When the weather clears back up. I,ll get a picture of mine.Sill in the tailgate.
Make sure you unhook the battery .So no power will be going to it and no shock in case their is a bad wire. You should have some help you take the window out. Accidents do happen quickly and glass is not cheap.

OP
OP
S

Smafugula

Reaction score
Make sure you unhook the battery .So no power will be going to it and no shock in case their is a bad wire. You should have some help you take the window out. Accidents do happen quickly and glass is not cheap.
Yeah I got a buddy that will help me. Also bought all new weather stripping so gunna knock that out while I’m doing it

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yeah I got a buddy that will help me. Also bought all new weather stripping so gunna knock that out while I’m doing it
Yes that is the best way. I have it all and have to put it all in. I took (think) I got all the mechanical stuff and all the rubber stuff bought. I have a Ram I am about to start getting parts for it. I,ll run the bronco for the next year. While I get parts for the Ram. Trying to get my friend to do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke