Interior sheet metal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndfan

Reaction score
I decided to tear the front seat out of the 78 and have a look at the floors,the floor pans have been replaced,the spots behind the front seats in front of the back seat are a different story,any body making these replacement panels or am I out of luck? I haven't been able to find any on line anywhere.These are not my pics they are borrowed for another thread,but this is the area that needs fixed. Thanks

LeftInterior.jpg

RightInterior.jpg

Seabronc

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of body work on mine. It had a couple of spots in that area for which I fabricated new metal. However, that looks pretty bad. Without seeing the other areas of your tub, it is hard to say if you can restore it or not. Most likely the rockers and B posts are rotted and will need replacement. Then there is the support post for the tail gate and it's components You need to cut out the rust to get rid of it. I think I cold fix that, but it would take a lot of fabricating sheet metal and unfortunately parts for that area are not available from parts suppliers, as far as I know. . I'm currently replacing the back 18 inches of my body tub with one from a 95. I guess that didn't help much but I feel your pain. Have a shop look at it.

Good luck,

:)>-

muddrivermike

Reaction score
I just got done welding in new metal on the bottom floor part where the roll bar mounts,,BUT mine was NO WHERE near what that is.I only had to replace like a 5x5 area on both sides.Im just about done repairing every bit of rust on the truck,recycling the old rear quarters metal for the other body repairs.Its a lot of work,Ive been doing this since feburary and will be able to drive the truck at the end of this month...But I have to tell you,,,I think your screwed.After all the fabricating and shaping the metal for my repairs,yours looks next to impossible to fix going by those example pictures.You need to get actual pics of yours up so we can see how bad it is.But like Seabronc said there is No replacements for these sections.You have to make them like I have.Good Luck :D

Like I said heres my 78,you can see what I had to replace,Pretty simple

100_4332.JPG

Seabronc

Reaction score
recycling the old rear quarters metal for the other body repairs.
That is right, never throw away any good sheet metal you remove. I have been using the skin off my old hood and large sections of quarter panels come in handy as well. I'm preparing for surgery right now using the rear 18 inches of a 95 to replace the rear section of my existing tub which has heavy rot on the rear body support and tail gate support post. Typical of northern Broncos especially the North East.

Good luck,

:)>-

a couple of pictures of the tail gate support

2009_12_002.jpg

2009_4_Body_work.jpg

more_rust_003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Thats funny that your recycling also.The middle picture that you put up.That thin edge that curves at the bottom towards the body,well on mine I had to fab a new on due to it completly rusted away.Luckly the d-side was intact so I had a model to go off of.If you can see it I had to make it out of 2 seperate pieces,The curved edge first then the little "pocket" in there.How fun that was.

100_4202.JPG

100_4205.JPG

ddonais

Reaction score
I am in the same boat now. Would be nice to find some prefab panels.

Attachments

• A30364E9-73B7-4D2E-B086-01B5AB5F6493.jpeg
    A30364E9-73B7-4D2E-B086-01B5AB5F6493.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 3

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo ddonais,
Welcome!
Which year do you have?

Rear Bed Patch Panel 48 x 16 @ https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Rear-Bed-Patch-Panel-48-x-16/productinfo/34094/

Currently out of stock

Check for fit;
View attachment 28061
Ensure it's usable for cargo area.

Other possible sources are yard queen Ford vans and possibly F Series
LMC TRUCK® (Long Motor Corporation) - Bronco/Ford truck parts & accessories & 66-77 & 80-96 Bronco
Truck Parts & Truck Accessories @ Truck Parts & Truck Accessories for Chevy, GMC, Ford & Dodge Trucks

National Parts Depot - Bronco/Ford truck parts & accessories; Click Order your Printed NPD catalog
@ https://www.npdlink.com
s

MILL SUPPLY, Cleveland, OH; call them since I didn't see any listed and they may have a Source or recommend pulling from a newer model year cargo van. Pleasant folks there!

We replaced front rusted floor pan sections with 1/4 panel patch panels from MILL SUPPLY;

Screenshot_20210806-075714_Chrome.jpg

They were primed and of 18 gauge steel - exact fit around wheel well arch and packaged very well for shipping.
1987-1996-ford-bronco-upper-rear-wheel-arch-right-side-908752r.jpg
Al

ddonais

Reaction score
I have a 1979. The ones you show will they behind the front seat also. Upto where the floor raises by the roll bar?

thanks for the reply!!

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 1979. The ones you show will they behind the front seat also. Upto where the floor raises by the roll bar?

thanks for the reply!!
Yo D,

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Rear-Bed-Patch-Panel-48-x-16/productinfo/34094/ now has the rear bed patch panels!
Screenshot_20210806-133911_Chrome.jpg

Call Chassis Engineering® - https://chassisengineering.com/

Some members have removed rusted sections and welded in flat sheet steel.

Here's the 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual by Ford via Ziggy⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics

1979 Bronco Brochure @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1979-Ford-Bronco.pdf via Dezo's Garage

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch

ddonais

Reaction score
Thanks
Yo D,

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Rear-Bed-Patch-Panel-48-x-16/productinfo/34094/ now has the rear bed patch panels!
View attachment 28221

Call Chassis Engineering® - https://chassisengineering.com/

Some members have removed rusted sections and welded in flat sheet steel.

Here's the 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual by Ford via Ziggy⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics

1979 Bronco Brochure @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1979-Ford-Bronco.pdf via Dezo's Garage

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch
thanks a bunch dude

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno