Installation help on idler pulley #F6TE-19A216-FA on 1996 ford bronco 5.8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonnieW

Reaction score
During my lengthy engine rebuild, I lost a bolt and other part(s) to install an idler pulley where the smog pump would normally be. This Bronco came from the factory without A SMOG PUMP and i lost whatever i need to properly install the pulley. The first picture is where it was located, the second is a picture of the new motor and the mounting base. Does anyone know what i'm missing, All i have is the pulleymissing part 2.jpg

Attachments

• Missing part 3.jpg
    Missing part 3.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
RonnieW

RonnieW

Reaction score
The pulley doesn't fit on the bracket like the top video, I wish it did, it would have been so much easier. Look at the picture and you'll see it must have had a spacer or bearing behind the pulley to keep it from binding when the bolt is tightened. I just don't remember how it went and i haven't been able to find a diagram as of yet of the parts

Attachments

• Missing part 4.jpg
    Missing part 4.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
RonnieW

RonnieW

Reaction score
After weeks of searching i found the part I was looking for. It was there all along in a small Tupperware bowl of bolts. I picked it up several times and thought it was for something else. I looked at the picture I had and it had the same markings so I tired it and “praise God” it was the part. So here’s a picture of the bolt in case anyone in the future has the same problem. I could not find ANY info Referencing this part. So here it is

Attachments

• 12298C2B-08A6-4AE2-9E87-A5F533088AFD.jpeg
    12298C2B-08A6-4AE2-9E87-A5F533088AFD.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 8

mikefamig

Reaction score
I love a happy ending!

I've done the same thing many times, put something away somewhere safe and forget where I put it. I like everything out in plain site to remind me of it's existence and to deal with it when I get the time. Once it goes under the rug it's gone for good. I prefer open shelves to cabinets with doors. the cabinets are neater but the shelves just work better for me.

Mike.

OP
OP
RonnieW

RonnieW

Reaction score
Yep, I try to do the same thing, occasionally I’ll hide something from myself and forget where I put it for safekeeping

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo