IAT SENSOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mitchell

Reaction score
I have a 1995 full size bronco w/ a 302 5.0 v8 fuel injected w/ mass air. I am looking for the IAT SENSOR and can't seem to find it. Any suggestions?

Yardape

Reaction score
Is that your polite way of asking what it looks like? On mine its right beside the air intake tubes of the throttle body. Its a cylinder about an inch around and about 2 inches long. Hopefully yours is the same. Damn I sure hope that is what that part in question is called

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
IAT is in intake tube; it will have a plug with 2 wires. looks like it plugs right into the intake tube. to remove it, unplug it and pull it out'

a dirty one will look like this:

Ttfig5.jpg

& Big Ric's image:

iats_dirty.jpg

clean it w/carb spray

The intake air temperature sensor tells the computer the temperature of the incoming air. Since cold air is denser than warm air, it needs more fuel to achieve the ideal air/fuel ratio. To do this, the computer will open the injectors for a longer period of time.

Codes 112 to 114 will set a IAT sensor code in the EEC, remove and inspect the sensor it could get contaminated by engine oil , K&N oil or dust. Clean the sensor with isopropyl alcohol. If the sensor still fails replace the unit

Last edited by a moderator:

Robjs111

Reaction score
Any idea of iat connector is on same harness as ac compressor connector?

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke