I 91 Ford bronco with clutch pedal issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shawnkelly1970

Reaction score
My 91 Bronco custom has a clutch pedal that is not returning all the way up from the floor unless I put my foot behind it. I also have to push it all the way to the floor to get it to start. Can you adjust it?

paul rondelli

Reaction score
Probably time for a clutch. I just completed my 1996 early last year. Wasn't too bad ... and I did this solo without any assistance. Get the stainless steel line from the master to the ***** and the modification to change out the plastic bushing to a hemi joint.

If you do not have a power bleeder ..... get one... or borrow/rent one. The Ford hydraulic clutches are no fun to bleed.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
My 91 Bronco custom has a clutch pedal that is not returning all the way up from the floor unless I put my foot behind it. I also have to push it all the way to the floor to get it to start. Can you adjust it?
Have you tried a stiffer re-turn spring on the clutch rod under neith the truck ? I chamge out mine for s stiffer spring and it solved my proble. I had just replaces the clutch,pressure plate and throw out bearing . It doesn,t cost much and not hard to change out.

chrlsful

Reaction score
yeah, start cheep? go on to bigger, tougher things w/o improvement.
Duz it hang on the floor lightly? lift up w/just a lill swing? Gear changes fine? No noise, smell, jerks? Use all ur senses - not just the brain aahahahaa

OP
OP
shawnkelly1970

shawnkelly1970

Reaction score
Thanks for making me laugh from the spelling errors comment. It was a little painful because I just had my hernia surgery from putting the top on in October. When I have healed up a little bit I will crawl under Neath and check the inspection plate.
yeah, start cheep? go on to bigger, tougher things w/o improvement.
Duz it hang on the floor lightly? lift up w/just a lill swing? Gear changes fine? No noise, smell, jerks? Use all ur senses - not just the brain aahahahaa
The clutch returns fairly easy until the last 2 inches then I have to put my foot behind it to pop it the rest of the way up.
I haven’t got my smell back yet after Covid so the darn thing could be on fire and I wouldn’t know it until my feet got hot.
I have noticed that third gear is really noisy and gets quiet on a shift into fourth while driving in town.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thanks for making me laugh from the spelling errors comment. It was a little painful because I just had my hernia surgery from putting the top on in October. When I have healed up a little bit I will crawl under Neath and check the inspection plate.

The clutch returns fairly easy until the last 2 inches then I have to put my foot behind it to pop it the rest of the way up.
I haven’t got my smell back yet after Covid so the darn thing could be on fire and I wouldn’t know it until my feet got hot.
I have noticed that third gear is really noisy and gets quiet on a shift into fourth while driving in town.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to tinkering on your bronco soon. If you see any trying errors from me is . I don,t have the greatest eye sight any more and I thought under neath--was spelt neith. haha Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Shawn

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke