Howdy -1980 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolesworld

Reaction score
I’ve been lurking on this forum for a bit and finally figured I should introduce myself. I have 1980 Ford Bronco XLT Trailer Special with a 351m. This Bronco was sitting in a yard rusting away for the past 30 years. I’ve spent countless hours over the past 8 months bringing this truck back to life. When I got the Bronco the driver side valve cover had a large hole rusted out and was packed with acorns from varments living in it, as frankly every crevasse inside and out of the truck had acorns packed within. The hood was partially up and the motor was getting rained on for some period of time as there was some water in the motor and pretty much everything in the engine compartment was rusted to some degree. The inside of the truck was similar as water got inside and rotted out the carpet but the seats fortunately were untouch by the water and are in great shape. Since then, I’ve replaced countless parts & seals including the entire braking & fuel systems, radiator, power steering & water pump, interior carpet, etc. I did get lucky with the motor as new valve covers and some marvel mystery oil in the heads, a new carb and I got the old girl fired up. This is my first restore and it’s been an absolute blast. I’m by no means done and looking forward to interacting with everyone on this forum. I have before and after pictures below.92A4F219-EAC3-4B77-8F65-C2FA66A4960C.jpeg46DCC48C-3B70-4D48-BDCD-8E7B281223BC.jpeg

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Noles,
Welcome, and kudos for saving the 80 as well as making it look new!
Here is the 1980 Bronco Dealer Brochure by Ford via Gary

1980 Paint Chips by Ford via Gary @ 1980 Light Truck Exterior Colors

1980 Bronco Advertisement by Ford via Gary

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Fasteners by Gary

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Carburetors, Chokes & EFI by Gary

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Specifications by Gary @ Axle Ratios - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

Differences in 1980-1986 Bronco/F Series by Gary

1980 Truck Service Highlights - Chassis by Gary
Includes the proper adjustment of the parking brake tensioner & rebuilding instructions on the Dana 60 axle and the NP208 and BW1345 transfer cases.

1980 Ford Truck Electrical Chassis Highlights by Gary (similar as Bronco) @ 1980 Truck Service Highlights - Electrical
Explains electrical features of the Bullnose trucks, including the exterior lighting, digital clock use, speed control installation & testing, CB radio installation & controls, ignition switch removal & installation & logic test, fuse panel, etc.

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdfvia BroncMom

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

1980 Free Wheelin' Fords Brochure, including the F-Series, Broncos, E-Series, and the Courier by Gary @ 1980 Free Wheelin' Fords announcing the 1980 Free Wheelin'...
Talk with you soon!
Al

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I’ve been lurking on this forum for a bit and finally figured I should introduce myself. I have 1980 Ford Bronco XLT Trailer Special with a 351m. This Bronco was sitting in a yard rusting away for the past 30 years. I’ve spent countless hours over the past 8 months bringing this truck back to life. When I got the Bronco the driver side valve cover had a large hole rusted out and was packed with acorns from varments living in it, as frankly every crevasse inside and out of the truck had acorns packed within. The hood was partially up and the motor was getting rained on for some period of time as there was some water in the motor and pretty much everything in the engine compartment was rusted to some degree. The inside of the truck was similar as water got inside and rotted out the carpet but the seats fortunately were untouch by the water and are in great shape. Since then, I’ve replaced countless parts & seals including the entire braking & fuel systems, radiator, power steering & water pump, interior carpet, etc. I did get lucky with the motor as new valve covers and some marvel mystery oil in the heads, a new carb and I got the old girl fired up. This is my first restore and it’s been an absolute blast. I’m by no means done and looking forward to interacting with everyone on this forum. I have before and after pictures below.

That is awesome. Did you ever take pics of the process of changing things out? If so, post up a build thread! Welcome to the forum!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I’ve been lurking on this forum for a bit and finally figured I should introduce myself. I have 1980 Ford Bronco XLT Trailer Special with a 351m. This Bronco was sitting in a yard rusting away for the past 30 years. I’ve spent countless hours over the past 8 months bringing this truck back to life. When I got the Bronco the driver side valve cover had a large hole rusted out and was packed with acorns from varments living in it, as frankly every crevasse inside and out of the truck had acorns packed within. The hood was partially up and the motor was getting rained on for some period of time as there was some water in the motor and pretty much everything in the engine compartment was rusted to some degree. The inside of the truck was similar as water got inside and rotted out the carpet but the seats fortunately were untouch by the water and are in great shape. Since then, I’ve replaced countless parts & seals including the entire braking & fuel systems, radiator, power steering & water pump, interior carpet, etc. I did get lucky with the motor as new valve covers and some marvel mystery oil in the heads, a new carb and I got the old girl fired up. This is my first restore and it’s been an absolute blast. I’m by no means done and looking forward to interacting with everyone on this forum. I have before and after pictures below.View attachment 29157View attachment 29160

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno