how to make sure my bronco is there when i wake up in the morning...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90windsor

Reaction score
so the past three nights, 3 cars have been stolen on my street. one each night. my bronco is too tall to fit in my garage, so it lives outside.

any good security tips you might have?

i pulled it right up to my house, locked the doors, left the porch light on, threw on a set of wheel-lock lugs, and grabbed the coil wire.

think im good? @-)

Yardape

Reaction score
Steve83 said:
Put some of those clear plastic bullet-hole stickers on it, and sprinkle some empty 30/30 or 30.06 cartridges on the ground around it, and in the floorboards. Smear a little dark red paint on the front bumper with some paint brush bristles mixed in, and put some old issues of Guns&Ammo on the dash.
Oh, and get some human-silhouette targets, punch a bunch of large holes in the head & chest areas, *** them up, & throw them on the back seat.
Haha ***** right on that would work... Whenever I parked mine and was worried about it I would take the rotor out of the distributer and put it in my pocket. Then put the dis back together so it looks complete. Unless they really wanted it badly they would move on to the next vehicle and leave yours alone. Coil wire works too but is easily fixed.

50joe

Reaction score
I usually just pop the dist. cap off, take the rotor, then put the cap back on. An easy yet not obvious trick, and I doubt any car thief keeps an ignition rotor in his pocket.

OP
OP
90windsor

90windsor

Reaction score
great idea about the rotor guys. that way everything still looks compelete.

Sidescrollin

Reaction score
Disconnect the battery. Most people want to get in and get out and they would never pop the hood and check something. If it doesn't run they would just give up.

Something I LOVE and put on most of my cars is a quick disconnect. I don't always use it but if its out for a long time or in a sketchy parking lot I use it. Its basically a **** that either threads or clamps and so it takes like 4 seconds to disconnect your battery.

If it doesn't bother you doing it the Dist cap is a good idea too.

There are also battery disconnect with a Key you take with you, but they are a little harder to find.

Last edited by a moderator:

scruffy

Reaction score
so the past three nights, 3 cars have been stolen on my street. one each night. my bronco is too tall to fit in my garage, so it lives outside.
any good security tips you might have?

i pulled it right up to my house, locked the doors, left the porch light on, threw on a set of wheel-lock lugs, and grabbed the coil wire.

think im good? @-)

One of these might help

homepage4.jpg

Devil Dog08

Reaction score
just go to the marine recuiter and get some ux marine stickers and place them on ur window and bumper . not only will no one try to steal ur truck . when u r on the hwy you will not have people tailgating u and no one will mess with u ..... it is just as good as havin a FOP star on your window :rolleyes: :)>- :)>- :)>-

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I use the WOLO Security Accessories vent window lock, but prime & paint the exterior part, it Will rust; and I inserted a thin rubber gasket where the lock meets glass on inside and outside as a "cushion"

avail @ most parts stores http://www.wolo-mfg.com/sec.htm

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Thought this was a good thread.. "bump"

One thing I thought about doing was extending the wires to the emergency fuel cut-off switch - the switch that cuts off fuel if you're in an accident. Mine is located next tot he brake pedel. I thought about just screwing in a bolt to the top (make it easier to pull out) then bolt the whole unit somewhere easy under the dash. Pull it out to cut off fuel, push it in to get fuel. Only cost you a few cents for extra wire ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Krafty

Reaction score
these ideas may stop the crack addict car thief, but how do you defend against a car thief with a tow truck?

Fritz180

Reaction score
you stop a car thief with a tow truck by either locking it in 4x4 so he would need a flat bed, or my personal best idea is shoot the guy who hooks a chain to my truck

AdamDude04

Reaction score
these ideas may stop the crack addict car thief, but how do you defend against a car thief with a tow truck?
back it into a parking space? I would assume if he hooked to your front tires, he'd be dragging the rear which would be locked (in P)

Personally, if have a tow truck, by all means you can take it. I have three others in the garage to get me around..though the Bronco is the one that means most to me, the three other vehicles are of high value and would be worth more to them, but nothing to me as insurance would just buy me a new one ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

50joe

Reaction score
Got news for ya. NOTHING will stop a tow truck from grabbing your truck. Unless you are there to catch them in the act, it's going in just a few minutes regardless. My company does impounds and towing from the train station. Every trick in the book to stop us, doesn't work. If we want it, we'll get it.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Got news for ya. NOTHING will stop a tow truck from grabbing your truck. Unless you are there to catch them in the act, it's going in just a few minutes regardless. My company does impounds and towing from the train station. Every trick in the book to stop us, doesn't work. If we want it, we'll get it.
I'm not too sure about that.. they tried to repo my buddies car, and he parked in a normal parking space in the parking garage at the apartment (building built in late 80s)..driver couldn't even get his Ram 3500 in the garage because his light bar wouldn't fit :lol:

I'm sure there are ways to prevent. **** if you take the wheels off they'll need a flatbed and usually they just have the ****** trucks when looking to tow someone out of a space/repo

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo