How much would it cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoAdams

Reaction score
Hi guys, im thinking about getting a lift but wondering with the lift how much extra money would it cost. i have a free set of 37inch tires with wheels to fit but i would need an 8 inch lift.

--what else would i have to do as in extended hoses and what not, transmission wise, or anything.

-I was wonder if anyone could give me a rough estimate on about how much it would all cost.

Thanks,

Adams

Yardape

Reaction score
Giving you a true cost is nearly impossible, it all depends on your location. How mechanically inclined you are, how many mechanically inclined friends you have that will work for beer. You will need your driveshafts lengthened, extended brake lines. You stock gear ratio is pretty high for 37's, not saying it cant be done but you would really want to consider upgrading to 4.56 or even better 4.88's gears for that tire size. Not only is it a huge power loss issue it is pretty ******* your tranny if you dont change gear ratio. And after all that you will need a wheel alignment, oh ya and longer shocks if they dont come with the kit. Do your research on a few of the top lift kits available to you. One thing I would recommend, consider a 6 inch lift. You can run stock driveshafts, easier to keep alignment. And install a 2 or 3 inch bodylift. The money saved from the driveshafts you can put towards regearing. Sorry cant give you a price estimate, would only be speculation. Your prices will be way different than mine. One example, I had a 4800 quote up here to regear front and rear axles for my Bronco with detroit lockers. Down in the southern states another guy on here was quoted like 1800 for the same thing.

Yardape

Reaction score
Oh and dont buy the cheapest kit you find, usually there is a reason the more expensive kits are more expensive. Alot of the time they are cheaper cause they are missing certain parts that will end up costing you more in the end.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke