Hood Alignment Problems. huge gap on passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rossr1991

Reaction score
need some help figuring this out. i see that the front clip on the passenger side is 1/2" longer but it doesnt close the gap up when moved. i can pull the front clip over to the driver side and close gap up but then the frame mounts are totally off and my doors to fenders line isnt bows inward.

bronco 1.jpgbronco 2.jpgBronco 3.jpg

johnnyreb

Reaction score
need some help figuring this out. i see that the front clip on the passenger side is 1/2" longer but it doesnt close the gap up when moved. i can pull the front clip over to the driver side and close gap up but then the frame mounts are totally off and my doors to fenders line isnt bows inward.

View attachment 28143View attachment 28144View attachment 28145
Maybe the hood is warped or was not made right. I,d mearsure it really good and have a good look at the hinges.

OP
OP
R

rossr1991

Reaction score
Has it been in a wreck and had the front -end hit on the front part sideways?
Everything up front is new floor, firewall, kick panels, windshield cowl, aprons, hood, etc i just cant find what part isnt right to correct it, everything is measuring with 1/8-1/4 of the other bronco sitting next to it. Except the 1/2” from from cowl to core support

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Everything up front is new floor, firewall, kick panels, windshield cowl, aprons, hood, etc i just cant find what part isnt right to correct it, everything is measuring with 1/8-1/4 of the other bronco sitting next to it. Except the 1/2” from from cowl to core support
I noticed the door sides looked like one was out more then the other one. Sometimes thes alignments can be a pain to figure out. How does the doors align to the back of the doors?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I focus on the core. Look at it from different angles. Top--bottom and both top and bottom of core. I d have another look at those doors. Take your time and look at it all carefully. Its easy to get a measurement wrong. Especially when someone is talking to you.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo Rossr,
Part 2
My part 1 post for fenders and hood isn't visible because it requires moderator approval, although I'm a f☆☆☆jng moderator!

Door Inspection​

To determine door alignment requirements:
  • Check that the front door contour is flush with the body contour.
  • Check that the body-to-front door gap is the same around the whole door.
  • Determine by observation of the door alignment what adjustments, if any, are required.

Door Alignment​

Hinge Assembly
CAUTION: Do not cover up a poor door alignment with a door latch striker adjustment.

The door hinges provide sufficient adjustment to correct most door misalignment conditions. The holes of the hinge and/or hinge attaching points are enlarged or elongated to provide for hinge and door alignment.
  1. Determine which hinge bolts must be loosened to move the door in the desired direction.
  1. Loosen the hinge bolts enough to permit movement of the door with a padded pry bar.
    Front Door Hinge Adjustment, Bronco, F-150, F-250, F-350 and F-Super Duty
    View attachment 28149
  1. Move the door the distance estimated to obtain the desired fit.
Striker, Door Latch
View attachment 28150

CAUTION: Do not cover up a poor door alignment with a door latch striker adjustment.
  1. NOTE: The door latch striker can be adjusted laterally and vertically as well as fore and aft. The door latch striker should not be adjusted to correct door sag. The door latch striker should be shimmed to get the clearance shown between the door latch striker and the front door latch. To check this clearance:
    Clean the front door latch jaws and the door latch striker area.
    • Apply a thin layer of dark grease such as Premium Long-Life Grease XG-1-C or -K or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESA-M1C75-B to the door latch striker.
    • As the front door (20124) is closed and opened, a measurable pattern will result.
  1. Move the door latch striker assembly laterally to provide a flush fit with the front door and body. Do not use more than two shims.
  1. Using an appropriate Torx® bit, tighten door latch striker to 40-50 Nm (30-37 lb-ft)."
Hinge, Door and Tailgate
Use Multi-Purpose Grease Spray D7AZ-19584-AA or equivalent meeting Ford specifications ESR-M1C159-A and ESB-M1C106-B to lubricate door and tailgate hinges. Apply an even coat to all hinge pivot points as outlined in the maintenance schedules or when a binding or squeaking condition occurs.
View attachment 28152
Thanks Mike. Very informative.

OP
OP
R

rossr1991

Reaction score
Door

Attachments

• 6C518758-B3FC-4AA7-95AD-B93760BD63F9.jpeg
    6C518758-B3FC-4AA7-95AD-B93760BD63F9.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 9

johnnyreb

Reaction score
With restoring a old vehicle. Before trying to lignment. I,d think I would check for wear in the hinged. If the were worn. I,d replace them and go from their. I don,t think I saw a year he is working on either.

OP
OP
R

rossr1991

Reaction score
With restoring a old vehicle. Before trying to lignment. I,d think I would check for wear in the hinged. If the were worn. I,d replace them and go from their. I don,t think I saw a year he is working on either.
Everything is new

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Did you compare them to the old ones? You know how much you can rely on things made now days. I, d check them.Even measure them.
Little things like that can be a pain in the a -- and make a person mad. Or someone comes along and sees the problem and tells you.

Seabee1966/1994

Reaction score
Has it been in a wreck and had the front -end hit on the front part sideways?
I agree w/ johnnyreb, it is almost for certain one of these, especially the front frame damage. Look under your Bronco and you will see some rectangular holes on the bottom of the frame, if they look distorted there has been frame straighten from a wreck or roll over. This is quite common to see.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom