help! REALLY DIM DASH LIGHTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WBKrazy

Reaction score
Hey y'all hows it goin? i'm new on here and i need some advice... just got a 91 eddie b. 302, the dash lights alternate between being very dim and not bein on at all.. i was wonderin if the dash lights are grounded out in the instrument panel or is there a separate ground under the dash somewhere? all other lights are working fine, but the dash is so dim you cant barely even see it.... any ideas?

Seabronc

Reaction score
Hey y'all hows it goin? i'm new on here and i need some advice... just got a 91 eddie b. 302, the dash lights alternate between being very dim and not bein on at all.. i was wonderin if the dash lights are grounded out in the instrument panel or is there a separate ground under the dash somewhere? all other lights are working fine, but the dash is so dim you cant barely even see it.... any ideas?
Welcome to the Zone >

All the lights are feed by the same circuit and grounded at the same location as each other. So if the others are OK, I'd try re-seating the instrument panel connector.

Good luck,

:)>-

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
Welcome Bronco lover!

If you can turn the dash dimmer up and down and effect a change e.g. makes them go off or on it could be in the dimmer part of the main light switch. Most of them are simple rheostats with a contact plate rubbing a spring, the closer the contact gets to the source voltage the brighter the dash/panel bulbs get. If that contact or spring is crusty with oxidation it can cause that sort of thing.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke