HELLO OUT THERE !!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seabronc

Reaction score
At the risk of being repetitive, I have posted this information before :eek:

There is a document that is not hard to find on eBay and is the single most useful document to assist in solving probably 50% + of the problems that show up in these forums. It is year specific and it costs any where from $10.00 to around $25.00 depending on the year of your truck. Can you read? Can you follow lines? Can you learn to use a multimeter?

All you need are some rudimentary troubleshooting skills and you can look like an expert. Think what a Hero he/she will think you are :wub: when that #$% ^# Bronco won't start an you can solve it in less than the, "wink of an eye", (OK, maybe a couple of hours, so maybe I exaggerated a bit). Just think how he/she will fee if you haven't just spent the entire National Budget throwing parts at your truck $-) , you might even have enough left over to take your loved one out to Mcdonald's. Unless the only things that are left to love you are your Bronco and your Dog, and even there you may be in trouble.

What on Earth are you babbling about Seabronc?

OK, what is it that is so great? Try this B) http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5561

Let's take an example of an excerpt from one of these documents.

Symptom: I turned the Key and My truck won't start!! Now what?

Well we check out the obvious first.

Hmmmmm! Did I run out of Gas? b-( Uhhh, Nope!, plenty there

Did I hear anything when I turned the key? Uhhh, NO!

I suppose I could get on a Bronco forum and say something like, "Hey, my truck won't start. Any ideas"?

Then I'll get a bunch of reasons why someone else's truck wouldn't start, like, "Mine wouldn't start because the engine was missing", or "Mine wouldn't start because the Battery was dead", or "My solenoid was bad". After having bought and replaced all those parts, the #@$ thing still won't start.

All else has failed, now I got to get serious and break out a book. I heard that that EVTM book is a real GUY type book, "Lots of pictures and Few words".

I've got an idea :rolleyes: , why don't I get out my, "Handy Dandy EVTM", and see what is necessary for that to happen. WOW, aside from some mechanical possibilities, (Note to self: don't forget about them), look how simple that start circuit is. OH, look at the first few pages, "How to Use This Manual". NUTS reading, Oh well, just a couple of pages, maybe it will make things simpler :blush: Ah, an index, and oh look! a listing for "Start/Ignition", and look at that simple diagram.

All, "tongue in cheek" aside folks. Look at the sample diagram. A simple meter will have You down to the failing component in no time at all and that is true for other functions as well. It's very simple, I have 12V or I don't have 12V. All I have to do is find out where I loose it. As is in this diagram, at the battery? At the pick to the start relay? If I have it at the pick to the start relay, do I have it at the relay post that goes to the starter? yes, do I have it on the electrical post to the starter? Starter still not turning over? Bad starter or bad ground, check the connections, condition of cables and grounding first before buying a starter.

This is just an example and the whole point is, save yourself some money, aggravation, and most of all your valuable time and maybe the relationship you have with that significant other, (they may even think you are the Coolest person they know and Smart too :lol: ) . Get the tools necessary to properly troubleshoot your truck with, an EVTM (for electrical and vacuum type problems) and if you can find a factory set of Shop Manuals (for mechanical type problems). Only get a Chilton or Haynes if there is no other choice, they are only the "Readers Digest" version of the real thing and the editors of those books determine what they think is important content, often leaving out some real vital information. Consider it an investment and a tool that will easily pay for itself by saving you all that money you might otherwise throw at a problem replacing perfectly good parts.

And best of all, you save yourself a few dumb answers like I often give because I'm winging it off the top of my head and a lot of those cells have died a long time ago :rolleyes:

Start_Ignition_001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Seabronc,

I really had to laugh out loud LOL at most of your post.

I would like to offer this slight inprovement.

EVTM (for electrical and vacuum) really means... Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual

I would like to suggest that when one searches on ebay that they not only enter bronco EVTM, but that they also enter Bronco manual

one may restrict it by year.

BroncoJoe19

OP
OP
Seabronc

Seabronc

Reaction score
Seabronc,I really had to laugh out loud LOL at most of your post.

I would like to offer this slight inprovement.

EVTM (for electrical and vacuum) really means... Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual

I would like to suggest that when one searches on ebay that they not only enter bronco EVTM, but that they also enter Bronco manual

one may restrict it by year.

BroncoJoe19
Thanks Joe, I clarified what I meant in those parentheses. I figure by then, if someone has gone through the entire post, they already know what EVTM means. See the note in my signature ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I wouldn't limit the search by year, quite often, for some strange search engine reason, that causes the search to leave out stuff. Granted you get some unnecessary hits, but you get more of the ones you do want. I usually use the following search arguments, no quotes; "Ford Bronco EVTM" and "Ford Bronco Shop Manual".

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo