Hello and Help ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brahmus

Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first time visiting Broncozone.com and I just happened to have stumbled upon the site while looking for some bumpers for my Bronco.

I have a 87' Bronco (Fullsize) with a 6" Tough Country life and 3" body lift, sporting 38x15x15" Buckshot Mudders on MT classic wheels. Under the hood is a fresh 300 I-6 and stock 4-speed granny gear tranny and transfer case. This is my second 4x4 i have worked on and built and I went with a Ford this time because my 74 Chevy just couldnt cut it =( .. I was going to replace the motor with a 460 that i have in an old dumptruck but decided to stay with the 300 due to the high rise of gas prices and it's a good dependable motor, that is know for having suprisingly good torque.. I will post some pictures of it in a few days, I just set up my account a few minutes before posting this . The interior is mostly stock with the exception of a Kenwood CD player, alpine 1200 Watt amp and and 2 Wolfenhagen 12"subs and 2 JBL 10"subs.. it really cranks the tunes when i want it to...The rear pumpkin is sporting 4.56's as well as the front and a Detroit Truetrack locker, at this time i have not decided what way i want to go with the front end pumpking.

Here is my small dilema however:

I'm have a winch on order from www.4wpw.com and havnt got a winch plate nor the bumpers to attach it with yet. ..

I'm still sporting the stock bumpers and I have been looking for a few weeks for a pair of chrom double tube bumpers for the front and rear that have a winch plate made onto the front. I have looked at every site and magazine i can find and I can only find ARB or Bull bar bumpers and they are too big and I think that they will make the truck look really awful as well and decrase my approach and departure angles . If anyone knows where I can find these type of bumpers PLEASE let me know. I will post pics in the next day or so.. also I live in alabama and we dont have alot of areas for wheeling so im kinda trying to go with a versatile rig that will hand rocks and mud as well. =)

OP
OP
B

Brahmus

Reaction score
Just noticed i posted in the wrong area.... very sorry... need coffee.. and smokes...

Seabronc

Reaction score
Just noticed i posted in the wrong area.... very sorry... need coffee.. and smokes...
29040[/snapback]

No problem, I moved it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Welcome to the Zone > . Post some pictures when you get a chance, we'd like to see your truck :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . I believe there is a guy on here that fabricates bumpers. Try PMing BLADE262US, just click on his user name and there is a link to PM him near the bottom right.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
B

Brahmus

Reaction score
Thanks for moving the post, sorry about posting in the wrong place.. I was still asleep and didnt have any coffee or nicotine in my blood. I also appreciate you hinting me towards Blade, and i'll PM him and see what he can do , but Im really stubborn and unless he has a chrome plating machine i dont think it would be too wise.. and unfortunatley the closest place around here that will chrome parts is Atlanta Ga. and .. well doing the math It would end up costing me almost 600 bucks per bumper... I guess I'll keep looking and trying or I'll eventually have to go with a different style. But i really need to get some soon because my new winch is supposed to be here in just a few days. Thanks and keep up the good forum work =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke