Full Transmission Flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Well looking to do this flush myself, I found a great writeup over on another Bronco forum.

I'll be doing my flush tomorrow after work (ugh) as Napa has my filter in stock :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great writeup with great detail. This also includes how to drain the tq converter as well - Good to do if you have the "TQ Converter Shudder" as this may help (in my case, hopefully).

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130945

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Moved to Tech Articels forum. While this is NOT a total system flush, it's the easiest and best way to change your trans filter and some of the old fluid. JSM84

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Thanks, hopefully it helps some folks out, dispite being on a different forum. I just don't want to take credit for it, so I didn't copy and paste the whole article.

I'd consider it nearly a full exchange. The TQ converter holds a lot more fluid than the pan.. I hate how I drained just my pan, about 6qt out of the 16qt in the whole system

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Most of the rest of the fluid is going to be inside the hard lines, cooler tanks on the radiator and inside the external cooler if you have one.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke