fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rennie

Reaction score
I have an 85 xlt full size bronco. Where is the fuel pump? It has a 4 barrel carburetor not fuel inject. Is it on engine block or in the gas tank????
The manual I bought says it is on the block just wondering. There is so much junk I have not had to chance to look. I am thinking of removing the gas tank?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Rennie,
From a fading memory I believe its a mechanical pump unless a previous owner or shop may have messed with it and swapped to an electic pump.
Follow fuel line at carb down to the pump.
All the parts store I just perused show a mech pump.

FYI:
1985 Bronco Dealer Brochure via Gary @ 1985 Bronco - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1985 Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (partial) via Gary @
1985 EVTM - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1985 Bronco/F Series Specifications by Gary may be temp down @ http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/axle-ratios.htm

1985 Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary @ Lubricant Specifications

1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments by Ford via Gary @ 1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

80-86 Bronco Differences by Gary @ 1980 - 86 Ford Trucks - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

Fasteners & Illustrations by Gary @ Ford 1980-86 Pickup Fasteners - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)
°
Al

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke