Fuel line replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Chapo

Reaction score
Help… I’m stumped no one I’ve talk with can give some clear advise. I just picked up a 86 xlt bronco 5.0 that had been sitting like forever dropped the tank had 10 gallons of old fuel that smelled like turpentine and full of junk. Anyway ordered new tank, pumps, filters but ..can’t find replacement fuel hoses anywhere my on line searches have failed to come up with direct suggestions. What do I replace the old fuel line with since the original ones were junk? Suggestions please.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo El,
Welcome!
Thanks for rescuing the 86!

Stop by local NAPA, and ask for someone to peruse their PRINTED catalogs for the lines, hoses, clamps etc.

Here's the 86 Bronco Dealer Brochure at 1983 Ford Bronco 86 Bronco Brochure Photos pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

1986 EVTM - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible) by Ford via Gary

1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments by Ford via Gary

1986 Bronco Operating Guide by Ford via Gary @ 1983 Ford Bronco Manuals & Pamphlets (Scanned) picture | SuperMotors.net

1986 Owner Guide by Ford via Gary

1986 Exterior Colors by Ford via Gary

1986 Bronco Accessories Catalog by Ford via Gary. @ 1986 Ford Light Truck Accessories Brochure

1980-86 Pickup Fasteners by Ford via Gary, but mostly for front clip

1986 Bronco Rapid Specs Guide by Ford via Gary @ 1986 Ford Light Truck Accessories Brochure

1986 Color & Trim Selection Options by Ford via Gary

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

OP
OP
E

El Chapo

Reaction score
Help… I’m stumped no one I’ve talk with can give some clear advise. I just picked up a 86 xlt bronco 5.0 that had been sitting like forever dropped the tank had 10 gallons of old fuel that smelled like turpentine and full of junk. Anyway ordered new tank, pumps, filters but ..can’t find replacement fuel hoses anywhere my on line searches have failed to come up with direct suggestions. What do I replace the old fuel line with since the original ones were junk? Suggestions please.
Thank you, this morning before my post I stopped by NAPA the fellow there was pleasant and helpful on his computer but I could tell we weren’t going to get anywhere, told me to go to the ford dealership which I did and that also went nowhere. I may go back and have him look at their printed catalog as you suggested. At the risk of sounding naive I’m not at all against using an alternative.. could I simply purchase an appropriate fuel hose (need suggestions here) and clamps or push in straight and elbows connectors as needed and call it a day.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-085307_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-085307_Chrome.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 8

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Also go online to Gates.com. They sale American made hoses,water pumps,gaskets,water pumps, etc

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thank you, this morning before my post I stopped by NAPA the fellow there was pleasant and helpful on his computer but I could tell we weren’t going to get anywhere, told me to go to the ford dealership which I did and that also went nowhere. I may go back and have him look at their printed catalog as you suggested. At the risk of sounding naive I’m not at all against using an alternative.. could I simply purchase an appropriate fuel hose (need suggestions here) and clamps or push in straight and elbows connectors as needed and call it a day.
Their is a difference between MECHANICAL AND ELECTRIC HOSE. Electric has more pressure and mechanical doesn,t---and price too. Good luck.----Also while you are at it---make sure the fittings are the right size. To save you a trip or time when if you order it.

M1llionb

Reaction score
I purchased fuel line from AutoZone. I had to try various locations until I found one that had it. I did this two weeks ago… at that time it cost $1.99 per ft.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I purchased fuel line from AutoZone. I had to try various locations until I found one that had it. I did this two weeks ago… at that time it cost $1.99 per ft.
Gates .com--------they have alot of belts,hoses,water pumps,gaskets,thermostats and much more.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Also if you are having my kind of luck.Also check the fittings too.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Their is a difference between MECHANICAL AND ELECTRIC HOSE. Electric has more pressure and mechanical doesn,t---and price too. Good luck.----Also while you are at it---make sure the fittings are the right size. To save you a trip or time when if you order it.
Try Green Sales and Gates----on line, I,m sure you,ll find it their.

ktrepairs

Reaction score
Did you replace the tank also? What is the fuel pick up/gas guage called that is on the tanks with the mechanical pumps ? I went to Auto Zone and did not even have a listing for a fuel guage for the 85 .
Would the F150 have the same fuel pickup set up?

OP
OP
E

El Chapo

Reaction score
Yes I replaced the tank, fuels lines as well as the electrical in tank fuel pump and the inline high pressure pump for my in EFI situation. Not sure about a manual fuel engine. Check out the forum:“garysgaragemahal.com” they are great folks on there and all the details are available on that site.

Mi.Bronco

Reaction score
El Chapo. I have had success finding discontinued parts on EBay and Rockauto. Some people have NOS available. And also Dorman sells a kit with several oem fittings and high pressure line with crimp tool and crimp clamps

Motech

Reaction score
Worth mentioning, make sure the lines you procure are rated for the ethanol blends we're stuck with today.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
El Chapo. I have had success finding discontinued parts on EBay and Rockauto. Some people have NOS available. And also Dorman sells a kit with several oem fittings and high pressure line with crimp tool and crimp clamps
. Just got to Gates. com and you should find your hoses

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo
MISSED ADDING THIS;
View attachment 29156
I was talking to a friend of mine the other night about CARID. He said he called them to order some ROCKERS for his Tahoe. He said he was speaking to some foreign man . He had a hard time understanding the man and finally the guy understood what my friend needed. After waiting for the order to arrive--he didn,t get the ROCKERS---BUT INSTEAD 2 FENDERS. He said he called them back and was ran through the same mill buy another foreingn speaking man and advised anyone to not buy from them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno