Fuel Injector options 95 5.8?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubberdust

Reaction score
Looking for some advice or 2nd opinion on fuel injector replacement. I've heard of replacing injectors with newer 4 hole injectors used in V-8 Explorers. Availability on the replacement injectors for the 95 5.8 is dismal & the costs on the ones I've found are through the roof.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Looking for some advice or 2nd opinion on fuel injector replacement. I've heard of replacing injectors with newer 4 hole injectors used in V-8 Explorers. Availability on the replacement injectors for the 95 5.8 is dismal & the costs on the ones I've found are through the roof.
Hey Rubberdust:
I've been doing a bunch of digging around injector flowrates ect.. with my bronco Lightning swap. The explorer injectors are lower flowrate than the 5.8 ones. Unless you are planning to change the tune, I would make sure whatever injectors you use have very close to the same flowrates as the originals.
If you do some digging, there are very affordable replacements on Amazon. ( definitely knock offs and I can't speak to the quality, but the price is right)
Uncle Google is an asset here. There is a lot of info out there if you dig.
Hope that helps
Cheers

OP
OP
rubberdust

rubberdust

Reaction score
Hey Rubberdust:
I've been doing a bunch of digging around injector flowrates ect.. with my bronco Lightning swap. The explorer injectors are lower flowrate than the 5.8 ones. Unless you are planning to change the tune, I would make sure whatever injectors you use have very close to the same flowrates as the originals.
If you do some digging, there are very affordable replacements on Amazon. ( definitely knock offs and I can't speak to the quality, but the price is right)
Uncle Google is an asset here. There is a lot of info out there if you dig.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Thanks for the quick reply more than a little skeptical of the knock offs having learned if it looks too good it's probably not in the long run. I think/hope I've found a credible guy to rebuild the OE injectors

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply more than a little skeptical of the knock offs having learned if it looks too good it's probably not in the long run. I think/hope I've found a credible guy to rebuild the OE injectors
I agree totally, some work out, but more often than not, they don't.
Good luck

wyo58

Reaction score
I have always replaced the injectors with motorcraft injectors. It makes a huge difference in how they run for sure. Make sure you get
new o-rings eithr with them or extra, not worth the risk of leaks! ( I believe, can't prove it that the ethanol in the gas wears the injectors out internally). Good luck!

OP
OP
rubberdust

rubberdust

Reaction score
After looking at options I was lucky enough to stumble onto "Injection Masters" in Clackamas, OR. During my conversation with Wayne (503-819-9910), I determined he knew more about injectors than I ever could, shipped mine to them to be cleaned & rebuilt as needed, got them back in 3 days! My 95 XLT, 5.8 with 150,000 has never run better! Fair pricing & fast service if you have the need.

Landyr67g

Reaction score
My California '90 Bronco 5.8 has been sleeping for 6 mos while I refreshed valve covers, wiring, vac lines, etc. Also re-hosed the fuel rail and installed rebuilt explorer injectors. It fired up cleanly but haven't yet gotten the truck on the road to pour on some miles. Right now doing the brakes......
I have little injector experience, but most rebuilders say bronco and explorer spec injectors are nominally the same flow and both will more than support a stock engine driven like crazy.
Also read on this site that the original injectors that came from my '90 Bronco 5.8L (bosch pn 0200155710) are slightly less than the nominal 19lb rating...not sure if true or ford part numbering changes that. Can see from this large table:
But at end of day, the more modern 4 hole injectors have benefit, with no downside to a stock engine, IMHOP.
Regards,
Joe

OP
OP
rubberdust

rubberdust

Reaction score
I won't dispute the new 4-hole injectors as I've read good & not so good about them. Seemed like most that weren't happy with them had gotten cheap knockoffs, that were sold as name brand injectors. I'm old, lazy & only wanted to do the job once & went with the safer bet & happy with the results/cost. Hope yours work out great for you.

Motech

Reaction score
After looking at options I was lucky enough to stumble onto "Injection Masters" in Clackamas, OR. During my conversation with Wayne (503-819-9910), I determined he knew more about injectors than I ever could, shipped mine to them to be cleaned & rebuilt as needed, got them back in 3 days! My 95 XLT, 5.8 with 150,000 has never run better! Fair pricing & fast service if you have the need.

Excellent outcome, and thank you for following up with your resolution!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo