FNG here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quinto Jim

Reaction score
Hello all,
Quinto Jim here, I live in the Central Valley in California. I picked up an 1989 Bronco XLT in November primarily for a hunting rig. That was, until my wife jumped in and loved it. Anyways, I’m new to rebuilding and tinkering on older vehicles, although I’m mechanically inclined, I’m a field service technician for packaging and automation equipment ( ie robotic palletizers and stretch wrappers). I’m going to have quite a few stupid questions and I don’t ask for help until I’ve searched or tried what I know first. I’m used to being the guy with the answers, I’ll have to **** up my pride and graciously accept what ever help I can get from you all.
Thanks for adding me to the group and hope to be able to help one day, instead of being the guy who’s asking. Cheers! 28D0D14A-4FB1-45E7-B0CB-CBC251B46665.jpeg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Yo! Welcome, glad to have you.

Amazing photo you have there of you and your Bronco.

Your work as a technician on mechanical equipment will help you as you diagnose and replace parts to keep your Bco on the road. These are simple to work on but knowing what your looking at can be the hard part of working on any vehicle including these. I find the annoying part is needing special tools for every other part LOL.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Jim,
Welcome!
Great looking 89 and detailed descrption of it!
Here is some info for you; 1989 Ford Brono EVTM, Emissions (yellowish/red book cover) & Pre-Delivery Manuals, Partial via mrnewland1 in Google Drive @
1989 Service manual - Google Drive
Slow scrolling, so download for faster viewing and to see the table of contents, the search feature, etc.

1989 Ford Bronco Dealer Brochure

1989 Bronco Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary

OP
OP
Quinto Jim

Quinto Jim

Reaction score
Yo Jim,
Welcome!
Great looking 89 and detailed descrption of it!
Here is some info for you; 1989 Ford Brono EVTM, Emissions (yellowish/red book cover) & Pre-Delivery Manuals, Partial via mrnewland1 in Google Drive @
1989 Service manual - Google Drive
Slow scrolling, so download for faster viewing and to see the table of contents, the search feature, etc.

1989 Ford Bronco Dealer Brochure

1989 Bronco Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary
Wow thanks for the documentation! All I have is a Haynes manual and it’s terrible.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hello all,
Quinto Jim here, I live in the Central Valley in California. I picked up an 1989 Bronco XLT in November primarily for a hunting rig. That was, until my wife jumped in and loved it. Anyways, I’m new to rebuilding and tinkering on older vehicles, although I’m mechanically inclined, I’m a field service technician for packaging and automation equipment ( ie robotic palletizers and stretch wrappers). I’m going to have quite a few stupid questions and I don’t ask for help until I’ve searched or tried what I know first. I’m used to being the guy with the answers, I’ll have to **** up my pride and graciously accept what ever help I can get from you all.
Thanks for adding me to the group and hope to be able to help one day, instead of being the guy who’s asking. Cheers! View attachment 21590
First time I heard FNG since Viet Nam--welcome

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke