Factory wheel with stock tire on rear tire carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djdoherty450

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to put a factory wheel on the rear tire carrier with the stock 235/75/15 tire size? I'm wondering if it will fit before I order a reconditioned wheel and have a tire installed. The spare wheel is a steel one and it has rusted to a bad shade of brown.

1996 Eddie Bauer, all stock... with a rusty spare wheel and old tire, old picture attached. I'm curious if the spare offset is the same as the OE wheels

Attachments

• bronco3.jpg
    bronco3.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 2

jdabnabe

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to put a factory wheel on the rear tire carrier with the stock 235/75/15 tire size? I'm wondering if it will fit before I order a reconditioned wheel and have a tire installed. The spare wheel is a steel one and it has rusted to a bad shade of brown.

1996 Eddie Bauer, all stock... with a rusty spare wheel and old tire, old picture attached. I'm curious if the spare offset is the same as the OE wheels
The offsets should be the same. I have had my spare (steel rim) on my truck and the factory Aluminium rim on the carrier. I run the 31X10.50R15 on the aluminums and have a 32X10.50R15 on my steel spare. This is just until I can find a suitable aluminum and get the correct tire mounted on it.

Jimbo26

Reaction score
The offsets should be the same. I have had my spare (steel rim) on my truck and the factory Aluminium rim on the carrier.....
Agreed,
acquired a OEM 15" aluminum rim off a F series to replace the steel one that was on my rig. Swapped the 32" tire onto the aluminum and it mounted to the spare carrier just fine.

jdabnabe

Reaction score
Agreed,
acquired a OEM 15" aluminum rim off a F series to replace the steel one that was on my rig. Swapped the 32" tire onto the aluminum and it mounted to the spare carrier just fine.
I notice we have just about the same taste in Broncos

Jimbo26

Reaction score
Yea, does look sorta familiar.
These are the Faster ones. 😏
Am planning on leaving mine pretty much plain-jane as well, even with the factory cassete player. Just have to locate a refurbishment outfit for it eventually- radio still works ok.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo