E4OD trans temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris93

Reaction score
Anybody know what the correct operating temperature is for the E4OD, mines a 93 if that makes a difference.

Bronk351

Reaction score
My autometer trans temp guage reads a little shy of 150 degrees on a hotter day and about a 45 minute drive. Never really gets above that.

OP
OP
chris93

chris93

Reaction score
yeah, my got hot last year and needed a new converter, i just added a trans temp gauge myself and thats what it read was 150. is your sending unit mounted in the pan or on the cooling lines? i mounted my on the line going to the cooler, I think its the sending line. the one on the rear of the trans.

Bronk351

Reaction score
My E4OD had a spot for the sending unit, Just above the pan on the drivers side of the transmission. Thats where i mount em. My dads 02 Superduty has the same guage and reads around the same temps.

OP
OP
chris93

chris93

Reaction score
really, man wish i'd know that, course mine is a 93, probably no different, instead of running that manifold on the line. now that i have my guage up an running, mine runs about the same temp too. thanks

My E4OD had a spot for the sending unit, Just above the pan on the drivers side of the transmission. Thats where i mount em. My dads 02 Superduty has the same guage and reads around the same temps.

Bronk351

Reaction score
Yep np glad you got a guage on it.

I would have never known there was a spot on the side of the trans if it wasnt for me doing alot of reading and installing guages on my fathers superduty. I was curious and took a look and sure enough.

It would have been quite a bit easier for you i bet lol. Well good luck.

OP
OP
chris93

chris93

Reaction score
hey thanks for the input, just looked and your right, there it is right above the pan. think i may relocate my sending unit, probably be a little more accurate in the trans rather than on the cooling line. oh well, anybody need a temperature manifold?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke