Driver window trouble shooting assistance please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92broncoeb

Reaction score
I have been reading up on some of the diffevent side window post that people have put up. Mine seems different than most. The windows goes down just fine but when it get to the bottom it clicks and keeps clicking like it does not know where to stop. The. When I put it up it goes up to different levels and stops but if I give it a little assistance by pushing up it will go the rest of the way up. A few times it has not stayed all the way up. It comes down a 1/4 in or less but if i hit the up button it goes right back.
I had a bmw that did something similar and it was because the regulator needed to be reset. Does the bronco have anything like that? does it even have a regulator?

Thank you for any guidance.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
92broncoeb

92broncoeb

Reaction score
Thank you, so it looks like I just need to get that window motor out and either rebuild it or replace it all together.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct, that is most likely the problem. When the bushing come apart they get lodged un different places. So no they don't all act the same.
As long as the glass seems solid in the door track it has to be the motor.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke