door latch rods and adjustments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samo1056

Reaction score
I have a 1974 eb that I have had latch and opening issues. I have taken all the rods and replace the outside handle and door latch. I still am not able to push the outside button in far enough to unlatch the door. I have tried the adjust the rod to the handle but cant get it correct. Any information would be greatly apreciated

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you see the rod when you push the button? Is it bending?

That latch could be binding from a worn pin or mis alignment causing extra effort to open it.

RustyRide

Reaction score
I have a 1974 eb that I have had latch and opening issues. I have taken all the rods and replace the outside handle and door latch. I still am not able to push the outside button in far enough to unlatch the door. I have tried the adjust the rod to the handle but cant get it correct. Any information would be greatly apreciated
Also, may have a bushing(sleeve) that is either worn enough or missing to let the rod bind up. Could be the aftermarket handle is just not gonna work correctly.
You probably need a sucker…I mean an assistant…that is willing to stand on the outside and push the button whilst you look at the linkage movement. Lol.
Lastly, look at your striker post. I replaced the striker post on a previous one (‘72) because of sticking latch. If the post gets worn enough, it will kinda bind up on new latch assembly.
You may find any or some combo of these is your culprit. Hope this gives you some avenues of opportunity for correcting the issue.

Randy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo