Dana 44 ttb tru trac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhill45

Reaction score
Hey gents.
Ive run into a issue Im it seems Im the only one out here having ha. Ive got a 93 f150 with a d44 up front ttb. I pulled and had my front housing regeared to 4.56 and had a Tru Trac installed. Ive read many forums now talking about this. Tru trac goes in and theres no room to reinstall C clip so people put 2-2.5" springs in the slip yoke to keep shaft engaged in carrier. The question. The spring keeps shaft pushed into carrier, what keeps it from going too far and disengaging at the yoke? This is my problem. Spring goes in yoke and seems the tru trac is deep enough to disengage splines at yoke. Anybody else run into this? Anybody know if they make a shaft 2" longer to replace? Or maybe a collar at the housing with a double direction bearing to hold shaft out a bit?thanks guys. Winters comin and need my 4x4 working asap.

OP
OP
J

Jhill45

Reaction score
"...need my 4x4 working asap...."
I only drop into 4W when the plow gets stuck or off the road in the deep. Don't like drivin on rds w/4WD engage
"...need my 4x4 working asap...."
I only drop into 4W when the plow gets stuck or off the road in the deep. Don't like drivin on rds w/4WD engaged...
This isnt helpful at all brotha ha.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not ran into that one before, but the splines on the shaft keep it from going in too far.

Maybe not ideal but weld a couple of spots on the axle splines to keep it going in too far?
Just an idea.

OP
OP
J

Jhill45

Reaction score
I have not ran into that one before, but the splines on the shaft keep it from going in too far.

Maybe not ideal but weld a couple of spots on the axle splines to keep it going in too far?
Just an idea.
Yea I would think that as well. Welding a few points on axle wouldnt work because it would need to be right up at housing where it would rub against seal. I bought a collar to put on axle to hold it out but need a bearing as well I havnt found. Interesting though. i havnt come across a single person with this problem.
Ha.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey gents.
Ive run into a issue Im it seems Im the only one out here having ha. Ive got a 93 f150 with a d44 up front ttb. I pulled and had my front housing regeared to 4.56 and had a Tru Trac installed. Ive read many forums now talking about this. Tru trac goes in and theres no room to reinstall C clip so people put 2-2.5" springs in the slip yoke to keep shaft engaged in carrier. The question. The spring keeps shaft pushed into carrier, what keeps it from going too far and disengaging at the yoke? This is my problem. Spring goes in yoke and seems the tru trac is deep enough to disengage splines at yoke. Anybody else run into this? Anybody know if they make a shaft 2" longer to replace? Or maybe a collar at the housing with a double direction bearing to hold shaft out a bit?thanks guys. Winters comin and need my 4x4 working asap.
Yo J,
I haven't found any work-arounds, unless I missed it (poor vision) in following:
See Dana Dana 44 TrueTrac Regear and Rebuild
@ http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/vehicles/registry/1601/16494
by Dallas S (Daddys Getaway)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke