Coilovers On A 72 Bronco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trd4me

Reaction score
My wife got a 72 Bronco ( Bronco )and we are thinking about what we can do with it. I am running King coilovers on my Tacoma and love them and was wondering if anyone is or knows of someone that is running some sort of adjustable coilover on a 72 or similar Bronco.

It seems like a good way to go. I love them on my truck since if I add or loose weight I can just turn the adjusting collar and dial in the new ride height. They also ride way nicer than stock on the street.

Thanks in advance!

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
You can do this by making some large hoops that extent up just under the hood to mount the coil over on.

A body lift would also make life easier so gain more height. Some guys go thru the hood and attach as high up as possible.

Are you going to design a 3 or 4 link out of DOM tube or try to use the stock radius arms? If you stay with the stock arms, buy some coils thry James Duff or BC Broncos, its a huge difference in ride quality from you old Rancho lifts. Also run 1 shock per corner otherwise it becomes a rough ride with dual shocks. Unless yo like to jump then keep the duals...

68839237hGWASV_ph.jpg

OP
OP
T

trd4me

Reaction score
The adjustable coilovers just seem to make sense, that was why I was wondering. She wants to keep it fairly stock looking, so it could be harder to mount them.

Is anyone running this setup:

http://broncograveyard.com/products/cat/13/210/13861

Maybe not the same height as they come in a few different sizes.

The deal with this buildup is that my wife is not really into the hard off-road stuff.... yet! I have a feeling that once she starts driving and gets comfortable she will want to do more and more. Because of this, I would like to build it as capable as possible from the start so we dont end up changing things in the future when she wants more. What we are looking for is something that is flexy and has a decent street ride.

STLKIKN

Reaction score
I run the 5.5" superflex coils with Rancho RSX shocks in my street truck, softest ride of any lifted EB I have owned/ ridden in. Can't say anything about the rest of the kit, other than it should do the trick...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke