Bronco EB 1990 302/5L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patof

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I"m new in this forum and appear to be very usefull and full of quality information.
Thank to all.
Fist you will excuse my english, I'm from Québec, near montréal, and my english is not very good.
I owned a EB 1990 since many many years now and unfortunatly I do not used it very mush since Im working out my town and having to do alot of KM.
But still, it's all original excep for the paint and some little repair I did. I'm not a very good mecano but learn alot with you and youtube,
I have some boushing to change on sway bar, break hose, brake cable, muffler, cap rotor cable etc... to do fallowing garage last check up.
Did some one have recommandation on best part's to add in . I whant to give back my Bronco is full life.
That baby have a very special place in my wife and I life.
I want it to be upgrade but dont know where to start. So many question I have. My major concern is to do thing in the right order and with the best parts if possible.
The onlu issue i have actually is the red lignt on for the rear break anti lock, maby the sensor.???
Thanks for your recommandation

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it a red light?
Or an amber light?

Red is brake system, Amber would be anti lock.

If it is the red light it could be a few different things. Easiest one to check is the Emergency/parking brake, is it off? Or did someone set it, or accidentally hit the pedal?
Pull the release and make sure the pedal is all the way up.

After that, check the brake fluid level in the master cylinder, is it full?
If it is, do you have brakes and how do they feel?
That may be indicating a bad master cylinder, but I have also seen the float inside the reservoir go bad and not float. (the float turns on the light) You can test the float by taking something like an o-ring pick and lifting up on the float, have someone in the cab see if the light goes off when you lift it.

If it is low on fluid, start looking for leaks. Probably a rusted line on the rear, or a rear wheel cylinder leaking which you will identify by brake fluid dripping off the backing plate.
First sign of a fluid leak is the brake pedal going all the way to the floor. Or at least most of the way.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo patof,
Bienvenu!
RABS Overview; "...The Rear ABS is what is called an "open" hydraulic system. When an ABS stop is initiated and wheel lock is detected, the isolation or inlet valve closes, preventing any more fluid from going to the rear wheels. Then, if necessary to prevent lockup, an outlet or dump valve opens to bleed fluid out of the rear brake lines. That fluid goes to an accumulator and is held there for the remainder of the stop.In RABS "open" system, if there is a low fluid condition and the red warning light comes on, the ABS electronic control unit will detect this condition, turn the amber ABS warning light on and disable the system. The vehicle operator will still have basic brake system performance, but the benefit of RABS is lost.The reason for disabling the RABS is that the low fluid condition could be caused by a leak in the brake system, decreasing its performance..." by Ford

Here are the 1990 Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals (EVTM), Partial by Kingfish999 in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
Suggest you download for faster scrolling and to use the table of contents index.

1990 Ford Bronco Brochure, partial by El Kabong @ 1990 Ford Bronco Brochure pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Register with VIN to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

Al

chrlsful

Reaction score
WoW ur english is w a y better'n my french. Good on ya mate!

1st off I C the title above "Bronc EB..." the eb stands for early bronk (just insider nomenclature, short hand of sorts) which is only '66/77 or "1st gen" (generation) Bronco. It may confuse if done otherwise (actually Y I showed up, mine's a '70). Anyway -

The very best i can offer -initially- is geta cheep shop manual - Haynes, Chilton's. It will take U far in what U seek to do. I like ur model w/a 4.9efi/300 carb ('80/'96), so I can't refer U to guys w/puter keyboards (ford-truck.com, 'eb' classics.com, fordification.com, etc) So that might B right here! Last is an actual shop manual which is a lill higher priced but the tops for diggin a lil deeper (is the ford dealer mechanic's but avail for purchase - $150 now?).

U have a 4th gen so leave the "EB" to the "early's". I like the style ya got, I think there wuz only 1 more gen after urs till a few daze ago - THE New ! After 24 yr wait ! 2 models- lill & his 4dor bigger Bro ! (if the put the Raptor underneath it I'd get one... but NOo0oh, can't (in a winnie voice).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke