Brass and copper radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Ok What I need to know is if anybody one here knows for a fact of a company that I can get a copper and brass radiator for my truck.Just like what I HAD in it.I replaced my radiator back in april 09,And no the top is leaking where the cheap PLASTIC tank is crimped to the aluminum.When I ordered this from a local radiator shop I specificly told them I didnt want that plactic crap in my truck,They said OK.So I ordered it,brought the box home and opened it,And what did I find,,,You guessed it.The plastic and aluminum radiator.I called them back instantly and what they told me was that the plastic ones are just as good as the old ones,Yeah Right.They said if I get a problem call them back since its a lifetime warrenty.Well I did and now monday morning I have to yank this out and take it to them to see about getting a replacement.I told them on the phone again that I didnt want this kind and they said NO BODY is making the copper and brass ones anymore and this is the only thing I can get.Which leads me to this post.Im going to argue with them to find a copper and brass one,If they dont then I want my money back.So I want to see if anybody has any leads on a real radiator.even if I have to Ill buy a good used on from somebody(assuming I get my money back).My core size should be 19 1/4 X 26 3/4 with extra cooling.I called bronco graveyard and they said they dont know of anybody either. :angry:

50joe

Reaction score
Call finger's radiator up near me. 609-275-9733. My boss had them redo a few, like his 73 ranchero and his 29 model A. If there is a way to get one, they will know. If not, if you can find an old one, they can rebuild it.

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Call finger's radiator up near me. 609-275-9733. My boss had them redo a few, like his 73 ranchero and his 29 model A. If there is a way to get one, they will know. If not, if you can find an old one, they can rebuild it.
I told you about this ******** the other day didnt I?What time are they open until?

Last edited by a moderator:

50joe

Reaction score
Thinks so.....Usually open till 5. Think they are there untill 12 on Saturdays. If you still have the old one, might be worth the ride to get it fixed. Tell them I sent ya from Al's Sunoco. may help a lil.

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Thinks so.....Usually open till 5. Think they are there untill 12 on Saturdays. If you still have the old one, might be worth the ride to get it fixed. Tell them I sent ya from Al's Sunoco. may help a lil.
Old ones long gone

50joe

Reaction score
Found a site...... completeradiators.com . Says they have brass tank radiators. Anyone looking might wanna check it out.

Foul Al

Reaction score
Found a site...... completeradiators.com . Says they have brass tank radiators. Anyone looking might wanna check it out.
hey muddriver, i have a few radiators that work for sale. what are you looking for? 3 row? 4 row? i have both. 3 row = 100.00, 4 row ( heat buster ) 250.00. i'm near philly/ allentown.

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Ok like I told Al,I cant find my reciept so I think they are just going to get a replacement one.I dont have any money right now to upgrade..So since Im planning to start to build a 460 soon Im just going to hold off on the brass and copper one until I need one,So I can get it for a 460.So ill put in ANOTHER plastic and aluminium replacement And hopefully it will last until I get the 460 done....Thanks for everyones help though.And everyone should check out that complete radiator web site,They do have the copper and brass ones,Thats where Ill order one for the 460 from.. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Foul Al

Reaction score
Ok like I told Al,I cant find my reciept so I think they are just going to get a replacement one.I dont have any money right now to upgrade..So since Im planning to start to build a 460 soon Im just going to hold off on the brass and copper one until I need one,So I can get it for a 460.So ill put in ANOTHER plastic and aluminium replacement And hopefully it will last until I get the 460 done....Thanks for everyones help though.And everyone should check out that complete radiator web site,They do have the copper and brass ones,Thats where Ill order one for the 460 from.. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
hey dude, where did you buy this rad.? they should have you on record some how. anywhoo.... good luck with your search. if you get a lot mad at them they might just give you a refund in whole. thats what i do!! happy trails

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Yeah I went there and they cant find me on record in their computer for the amount I paid.How convenient. What the guy was trying to do was not put any money out of his pocket.So long story short,I just told them to get me another replacement.I did say just refund me and Ill go somewhere else,but like I said he didnt want to put money out...The place is Craigs Radiator in sewell NJ. Ive been dealing with this company through different shops Ive worked at over the years and never had a problem with them until now.I guess they only take care of companies that buy radiators off them all the time,Like auto shops and all.I take it the regular person that just strolls in isnt as important to them.So I told him when I buy a rad for the 460 Ill go somewhere else,,,,He didnt have anything to say... <_<

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Ok What I need to know is if anybody one here knows for a fact of a company that I can get a copper and brass radiator for my truck.Just like what I HAD in it.I replaced my radiator back in april 09,And no the top is leaking where the cheap PLASTIC tank is crimped to the aluminum.When I ordered this from a local radiator shop I specificly told them I didnt want that plactic crap in my truck,They said OK.So I ordered it,brought the box home and opened it,And what did I find,,,You guessed it.The plastic and aluminum radiator.I called them back instantly and what they told me was that the plastic ones are just as good as the old ones,Yeah Right.They said if I get a problem call them back since its a lifetime warrenty.Well I did and now monday morning I have to yank this out and take it to them to see about getting a replacement.I told them on the phone again that I didnt want this kind and they said NO BODY is making the copper and brass ones anymore and this is the only thing I can get.Which leads me to this post.Im going to argue with them to find a copper and brass one,If they dont then I want my money back.So I want to see if anybody has any leads on a real radiator.even if I have to Ill buy a good used on from somebody(assuming I get my money back).My core size should be 19 1/4 X 26 3/4 with extra cooling.I called bronco graveyard and they said they dont know of anybody either. 😠
Well someone LIE to you and they do make them. I have one in mine.Bought it at NAPA. They tried to put the aluminuim-plastic on me,. I heard too many storys about them. I can even send a picture. The ONLY --complaint I have is it takes so loong to heat up for the winter. Try GATES-they make alot of part--American made--hoses--water pumps . Typr in the address bar--GATES AUTO PARTS -s how I found it.Also check with Radiator Express.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yeah I went there and they cant find me on record in their computer for the amount I paid.How convenient. What the guy was trying to do was not put any money out of his pocket.So long story short,I just told them to get me another replacement.I did say just refund me and Ill go somewhere else,but like I said he didnt want to put money out...The place is Craigs Radiator in sewell NJ. Ive been dealing with this company through different shops Ive worked at over the years and never had a problem with them until now.I guess they only take care of companies that buy radiators off them all the time,Like auto shops and all.I take it the regular person that just strolls in isnt as important to them.So I told him when I buy a rad for the 460 Ill go somewhere else,,,,He didnt have anything to say... <_<
I don,t blame you at all. I,ve done the same thing. A couple of times I went further.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Contact BRASSWORKS----They are out of California and WILL MAKE IT FOR YOU--OUT OF BRASS TOO. CALL--805-239-3501-Good luck

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Most of these parts guys are their for a reason. Its a clean easy job and they don,t have to work out in the weather and get their hands dirty.Most don,t even know anything mechanical.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Most of these parts guys are their for a reason. Its a clean easy job and they don,t have to work out in the weather and get their hands dirty.Most don,t even know anything mechanical.
American Radiator-877-203-4572--they also have brass radiators

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Its funny the threads I forgot ive done over the years. So far that rad is still in the truck. The cooling hose and pipes that ford Cummins sells are all under the radiator. It works but isnt a clean set up. So later on Ill get a copper and brass and use the local rad shop in Tyler here we use and have them move the bottom water outlet from the drivers side to the passenger side which will eliminate this configuration of hoses that go from the Drivers side of the radiator to the pass side of the Cummins.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Its funny the threads I forgot ive done over the years. So far that rad is still in the truck. The cooling hose and pipes that ford Cummins sells are all under the radiator. It works but isnt a clean set up. So later on Ill get a copper and brass and use the local rad shop in Tyler here we use and have them move the bottom water outlet from the drivers side to the passenger side which will eliminate this configuration of hoses that go from the Drivers side of the radiator to the pass side of the Cummins.
They used to be a shop in Summersville,W.Va called Jim,s Radiator shop. His name was Jim and hi son Dave helped him out. They were good and reasonable. I heard the son moved to Atlanta,Ga. Later on the dad started driving truck over the road. Now I don,t think anyone does it their. They have a place in Beckley,but what they charge. You can save alot buy buying a brand new one plus postage. The asked $400 to clean out the gas tank on my old Ford pick up. I told the lady they better lower their prices alot. I could buy a new tank for $125 off of Mac. Some people think you can,nt look around and find better prices and when their doors closes--its their own fault.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar