brake problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Bronco58

Reaction score
Iwent wheeling yesterday once again, and as soon as i go thru a water hole, my brakes quit working. They work exceptionally well any other time. I thought it might be because i have disc in the front and drum in the rear, but other guys i go with have the same setups and thiers works fine. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this problem.

snowman74

Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up, Hang On!
Reaction score
When you say your brakes quit working, exactly what do you mean? Does the pedal go all the way to the floor, or do you just lose stopping power? If it's just that your brakes don't work as well after you hit water, your brakes are wet and you need to dry them by running the Bronco out of the water while tapping your brakes for a while. This heats them up and dries them off. But if your pedal is going all the way to the floor, or really mushy, you've got some air in your lines. Bleed the brakes and see if that helps.

Snowman74 :)>-

OP
OP
89Bronco58

89Bronco58

Reaction score
no its not air, on the way there and home i can lock up the tires and have a good strong feeling pedal, its as soon as i hit the first waterhole, and all the rest of the day until im back on the street. The thing is , is that so many other ppl out there with me have broncos and the same brakes, and it doesnt happen to them

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar