Belt Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1llionb

Reaction score
Hello, my 86 is back in business as it wasn’t turning on for a long time. Finally got it going! Yes!!! But I’m getting a lot of chirping from the alternator belt. I tried YouTube but didn’t find a good video on replacing the belt. Also, Oreilly couldn’t tell me the AMP of my alternator. How can I find out? I have an 86 351. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 2

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hello, my 86 is back in business as it wasn’t turning on for a long time. Finally got it going! Yes!!! But I’m getting a lot of chirping from the alternator belt. I tried YouTube but didn’t find a good video on replacing the belt. Also, Oreilly couldn’t tell me the AMP of my alternator. How can I find out? I have an 86 351. Any help is appreciated!
on Bullnose forum. They said starting in 86. They started useing 2g alternators..on full size pick ups and full size broncos

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
On rockauto they list 70 amp as being oe.
60 amp as cheap replacement.
80 and 100 amp as upgrades.

Does it look like original alternator? or aftermarket? Probably hard to tell unless there is a tag on it still.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
On rockauto they list 70 amp as being oe.
60 amp as cheap replacement.
80 and 100 amp as upgrades.

Does it look like original alternator? or aftermarket? Probably hard to tell unless there is a tag on it still.
What I don,t like about going to parts stores is most of the time. You buy China junk. If their is a junk yard near buy. Your better off going their. Those guys know alot more then the parts stores and have worked on stuff . Plus have alot more knowledge in what fits from different models and short cuts take one off and putting the part one. Plus when you go their a couple of times and become friends with them. They,ll give you better deals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rickyb571