B pillar access from inside?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoFloBronco

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying I feel like I am totally spamming this forum! I try to google as many answers as possible and only ask questions I can't find the answer to on the net. This forum has had the most wealth of information I've found (especially from miesk5!).
I was wondering if there was any way to access the interior of the B pillar from the inside of the vehicle. I have not pulled my trim panels yet and have tried to find a picture of an interior with them off but have not been able to.
The only rust on my '93 is on the B pillars and I wanted to hit the inside metal with some Fluid Film or Woolwax to hopefully slow things down until I have the time and money to have proper body work and a new paint job. I've seen a lot of guys in rust belt states who do rust proofing/prevention using a long spray wand and spraying the interiors of rockers, inner fender wells, door bottoms, etc. to slow down and help prevent oxidation.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have a picture that I can think of but I think it is covered and not accessable from the inside.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me preface by saying I feel like I am totally spamming this forum! I try to google as many answers as possible and only ask questions I can't find the answer to on the net. This forum has had the most wealth of information I've found (especially from miesk5!).
I was wondering if there was any way to access the interior of the B pillar from the inside of the vehicle. I have not pulled my trim panels yet and have tried to find a picture of an interior with them off but have not been able to.
The only rust on my '93 is on the B pillars and I wanted to hit the inside metal with some Fluid Film or Woolwax to hopefully slow things down until I have the time and money to have proper body work and a new paint job. I've seen a lot of guys in rust belt states who do rust proofing/prevention using a long spray wand and spraying the interiors of rockers, inner fender wells, door bottoms, etc. to slow down and help prevent oxidation.
Yo SoFloBronco,,
See Rust in gutters and B pillars by jermil01 & other suspects @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threads/rust-in-gutters-and-b-pillars.210693/page-3
Excerpts;
"
SantiF
Removing THAT MUCH of the B-pillar has severely weakened it in an area that's already overstressed, and a critical part of the truck's rollover protection. I hope you plan to repair it better than the original structure.

Drilim
There are already 2 access holes in the bottom of each B-pillar (above & below the shoulder belt reel), so DON'T cut another one. Later trucks have a steel plate over that drain, and then a layer of expanding closed-cell foam rubber sprayed in on top to seal it up"

B Pillar Repair in a 95 @ http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/19764/67402
Source: by Fronabarger (BRONCONUT)
●B Pillar Repair in an 82 @ http://web.archive.org/web/20120728...lsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112101
by mickaila

BTW, until last week I assumed our 96, bought new didn't have any issues in B pillar until I noticed a paint bubble on exterior of driver's side at B pillar bottom.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,
I've collected Ford and Chevvie info for many years.
See my signature for my recovered site.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno