abs hydro unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgtdjl

Reaction score
i need a hydro abs unit that is no longer available has anyone done a explorer unit conversion ?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo SGTDJL,
Welcome!

Cardone has reman HCUs @ https://www.cardone.com/locationfinder

NEED HELP? CALL US RIGHT NOW AT 1-800-777-4780
MY CARDONE LOGIN

• >USA-zz3_Small.jpg
  • 12-2025-ABS Hydraulic Unit
RemanABS HYDRAULIC UNIT
PART NUMBER: 12-2025
WHERE TO BUY
Fits 1995 Ford Bronco

Product Description
CARDONE® Remanufactured ABS Control Modules are designed to meet or exceed O.E. performance. Reverse engineering provides insight into how and why the unit originally failed, allowing our engineers to identify and correct original design flaws. Every CARDONE unit goes through stringent testing, ensuring like-new performance and quick reaction time when traction control is required.
Features and Benefits
  • All modules are 100% tested with automated computerized test equipment to ensure functionality and reliable.
  • High-pressure hydraulic testing ensures zero leakage for long-lasting performance.
  • Air-decay testing ensures zero brake fluid leakage for guaranteed, consistent performance.
  • Field testing further ensures product reliability.

E-WasteNo
Package ContentsABS Hydraulic Unit
Product ConditionRemanufactured
Product Packing Weight3.68 lbs

We are an automotive industry leader in aftermarket parts, engineering, and innovation. For five decades strong, we’ve built new and remanufactured vehicle parts that meet or exceed O.E. designs, at a fraction of the cost. Our global team supports a full spectrum of products and services for a diverse customer base, including O.E. manufacturers, warehouse distributors, fleets and retailers. Our passion for service excellence extends from our customers to the world through charitable giving, sustainable manufacturing and ultimately, remanufacturing, the highest form of environmental stewardship. We build it better.

© 2019 CARDONE Industries. All rights reserved
Al

OP
OP
S

sgtdjl

Reaction score
can I just bypass the 4 wheel abs hydro unit? don't care about abs light being on / would the proportional valve be in the master cylinder? thanks

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo SGT,
I checked Cardone on line catalog yesterday and they showed it as available.
I just checked Rock Auto and they list 122025, but describe it as "w/Rear Wheel ABS Only" .
I just called a Navy pal who works at Cardone and asked him about 122025.
He confirmed with his technical group that 12-2025 is for JUST Rear Wheel ABS, NOT 4WABS.
This is same bs that still occurs with our 94-96 Broncos that use BLACK CCD Ignition Control Modules #DY1077, but most parts store catalogs show the gray DY1075 unit, such as Rock Auto, etc.

4WABS Control Module Bypass for PSOM Operation due to Bad 4WABS Control Module at 4WABS Module Connector; "...jumper 14 (CKT 530, LG/Y)to 21 (CKT 519 (LG/BK) & 39 (CKT 491 (O/LB)to 22 (CKT 523, R/PK)..."
Luckily, I saved his pic awhile ago.
4WABS Control Module CONNECTOR Bypass for PSOM Operation due to Bad 4WABS Control Module; "...jumper 14 to 21, & 39 to 22..." MIESK5 NOTE;. I did this on our 96; The 4WABS control module was toast due to 2 microprocessor failures...two yard units were also bad.

ABSConnectorw-jumpers.jpg

"...jumper 14 (CKT 530, LG/Y)to 21 (CKT 519 (LG/BK) & 39 (CKT 491 (O/LB)to 22 (CKT 523, R/PK)..."

Source: by Turbo Ghost

You can split harness covering and pull it back at the connector.
Cut each wire about 3 inches from connector & splice them or solder together; this way, the sys can be restored easily, if needed in future.
Secured it all w/zip ties and plastic bag hung upside down fron radiator inlet tube.

Last edited:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo SGT,
Fluid Control Valve, Brake Master Cylinder
The brake master cylinder fluid control valve (2C161) regulates the hydraulic pressure in the rear brake system. It is located on the brake master cylinder (2140) and is screwed into the rearmost outlet port. When the brake pedal (2455) is applied, the full brake fluid pressure passes through the brake master cylinder fluid control valve to the rear brake system until the valve's split point is reached. Above its split point, the brake master cylinder fluid control valve begins to reduce the hydraulic pressure to the rear brakes, creating a balanced braking condition between the front and rear wheels (1007) to minimize rear wheel lockup during hard braking.

In case of the front brake system malfunction, the brake master cylinder fluid control valve has a bypass feature which allows full hydraulic pressure to the rear brake system.

h5609f.gif
."

Source: by Ford

OP
OP
S

sgtdjl

Reaction score
Yo SGT,
Fluid Control Valve, Brake Master Cylinder
The brake master cylinder fluid control valve (2C161) regulates the hydraulic pressure in the rear brake system. It is located on the brake master cylinder (2140) and is screwed into the rearmost outlet port. When the brake pedal (2455) is applied, the full brake fluid pressure passes through the brake master cylinder fluid control valve to the rear brake system until the valve's split point is reached. Above its split point, the brake master cylinder fluid control valve begins to reduce the hydraulic pressure to the rear brakes, creating a balanced braking condition between the front and rear wheels (1007) to minimize rear wheel lockup during hard braking.

In case of the front brake system malfunction, the brake master cylinder fluid control valve has a bypass feature which allows full hydraulic pressure to the rear brake system.

h5609f.gif
."

Source: by Ford
thanks guys so just run lines to the master and bybass computer easy as pie will let you know how it goes?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo SGT,
Some info for you;
Reptillikus, who owns a 96 Bronco wrote and provided boo-koo pics, "So i deleted the entire 4WABS when i went 8lug since i no longer had wheel speed sensors. Its a DD so its seen snow/sleet/rain/etc. It stops just fine.

See pics and more info@ ttps://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/57-78-96-build-forum-builds-only/442577-dd-beater-build-96-a-3.html#post6424569

The master/booster is 96 F350 because mine is a 96, but theyre pretty much all the same across the years. I picked 96 simply to reduce the # of model years in my notes. Its already disc/drum, so no need to mess with the proportioning valve, just install and bleed. You only need to gut/replace the prop valve if youre going to discs in the rear. Also: i changed the master/booster because of the 8lug swap, not because i ditched the 4WABS.
This thing sat for a couple years before i got it, so i replaced 100% of the brake lines in the truck. I simply used a brass tee to split the front line into left/right, where the engine xmember meets the drive side frame rail. Then hard line out to both coil buckets, and retained the soft lines just like the factory did. I used chevy soft lines, because i have chevy calipers. Just run hoses that match your calipers."

&
4WABS Delete in a 94; "...no on the hcu. get rid of that fawker. It does nothing, and I would be willing to bet you wont even need a prop valve, unless you are running rear discs, which I dont think you are IIRC. All a prop valve does is reduce the pressure to the rear to kkep it from locking up, so unless that is a problem, you dont need one, and can always add it later. I bent all new brake lines from the mc to the front and rear, though I did tie into the stock rear where there is a union (about under the drivers door). I ran a new line to a single drop line like the old sytle brakes. Much cleaner imo, and will never limit my tavel like the stock dual drop lines. the only fawker is that ford uses metric stuff now, and used standard back then, so make sure you get you nuts right if you bend new lines..."
by Damon H (Plug Ugly...
in jojo's post "Here's my plan right now... put in a mid-90's F350 booster and M/C (with the elec conn) and get a manually adjustable prop valve. Then, disconnect the hard lines in and out of the HCU and hook them back together with the prop valve? I figure I'll just leave the HCU and computer where they're at if they aren't hurting anything. I've got a D60 and sterling which is why I want the 1-ton system."
@
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/29-solid-axle-swaps/3510-deleting-abs.html

Al

goffprof

Reaction score
i need a hydro abs unit that is no longer available has anyone done a explorer unit conversion ?

I had an ABS light on my ‘96 EB Bronco and suspected the ABS pump assembly. I cross referenced it and ordered a used one on EBay from a Ford Explorer. It was an exact replacement update for my Bronco, was easy to install, immediately fixed the ABS problem, and the ABS light.

Al

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke