95 to 88 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xxxyank

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I got a few questions for the Bronco Gurus... If you didn't see my add on the other topic forum.

I totaled (or should say someone totaled me) my 1995 Bronco a few weeks a go, not a straight panel left on her. But she is an XL with an almost new 5.0 & 5spd in her.

I was wondering what years i should look at, if i want to swap the drive train, into another Bronco. I highly doubt by searching craigslist, I'm not going to come up with a 95 xl with the same powerplant. I'm taking into account that if i want to keep my 5speed, I probably will have to change the trans tunnel, along with all the brackets for the clutch & engine harness, maybe even the dash harness. For a 92-95 5th generation...

Could i go back as far 87-91 4th generation and swap everything? I've noticed they are a dime a dozen. some of them are extremely straight and almost rust free. Except they in my humble opinion, they have a horrible looking dash and interior, is it possible to swap the dashes along with the drive-train? I'm sure all the Harnesses would have to be swapped out as well. But is it possible without having to make up a bunch of brackets for everything to fit?

I know it seems to be a lot of trouble but i was wondering if anybody has done it before or at least thought about it. I got a lot of money ******* in my old bronco, even though they claim they will pay me back, I hate to see it all go to waste, so i plan just to buy it back after the adjustment. Of course the main thing was my girl friend and me was fine. I just don't know if i have it in me, to go buy some cherry Bronco for 4+ grand and start over. When i know, i can salvage what i got into something and make it just as nice.

I would greatly appreciate any and all advise on the matter, as I'm huntin' for broncos daily...

Krafty

Reaction score
if you get creative with your interior you could retro fit almost anything from your 95 to any 80-96 bronco, it would take alot of time and patience but if you buy back your 95 then you will have all the pieces you need.

OP
OP
Xxxyank

Xxxyank

Reaction score
I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do... I'm really eyeballing an 88 bronco right now with a 302. She is clean, straight and rust free, of course it needs paint but it has been garage most of it's life... I can get it for 600 buxs, it has a bunch of little things wrong with her but nothing extremely bad... An it's an automatic, an i really would like to keep my 5spd... I notice thru LMC that my 95 truck has a different gas, brake and clutch bracket then an 88. Of course even different brake booster and clutch master cylinder... So for me to not only keep my 5spd, i would have to change the brakes to keep my abs so my booster will align up to my brake bracket. Then again if i was to do this, i was planning just swapping my axles and suspension anyways... so what if i have to swap out the entire ABS system...

I'm not sure if i have the time to do all this work... Told the guy i was going to think about it this weekend.

Thanks for the reply

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Xxxyank

Xxxyank

Reaction score
Well I finally decided to do it. i snatched up a straight & rust free 88 bronco, Tuesday. So i been planning my attack on this project, I'm taking the day off today so the surgery will start shortly... I'm going to pull the front clip off the 95 & see how far i get in pulling the engine & drivetrain.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22