93 Frt Brake Line Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RR-Texas

Reaction score
Had the LF line from the caliper to the frame start leaking, figured this would be an easy fix, but not so! The caliper bolt is at the 3:00 position, the lines at the auto parts as well as the one at Jeff's the tube/line comes straight upward off the block that bolts to the caliper and there is no other way to place it because of the lip. The one the came off pretty much curves 90 degs behind the top of the caliper towards the 9:00 position and then curves and follows the antilock wires towards the frame.

With these other lines facing straight up there is no way to install a regular tire and wheel much less ones that are 12.5" wide anyone else had this issue? The young man at Jeff's could do nothing more than look at the same photos. To me the 80s looks the closest.

Thanks,

Richard

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
RR-Texas

RR-Texas

Reaction score
Ill check it out thanks! Got a new bike, but I just cleaned it and its raining, so I'm back in Pop's Old Chevy. Sort of suprised that a caliper line would become an issue.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey Richard,

I believe the hose you took off was bent in that shape. possibly to clear a wheel. Also there are different hoses for the driver,(left) and passenger (right) side.

They should be replaced in pairs.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas

OP
OP
RR-Texas

RR-Texas

Reaction score
Thanks the part that make no sense to me, is you could not put a stock wheel and tire on with the line shown in Jeff's and that the AP sales, since the line points straight up off the block. We did look at several on store had and they are the correct #, supposedly. I miss real auto parts!

This latest adventure cost me a $160 yesterday, Driving my dads ol truck in the morning fog and left the lights on all day and killed the battery.

Does anyone have a Ford parts page that shows the line? I know I've saved everything thats been shared ill have to get on my laptop later.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo