#9 fuse blows while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoagie1kinobi

Reaction score
Hey I am currently chasing a issue on my 96 bronco 5.8..Ive kept this truck on the road and operating since 1999. these last 2 months it has blown the number 9 **** fuse.. I can put a fuse in and run the truck in the yard all day...but if i drive it the issue is gonna show itself within a few hundred yards on the road..ive shaken most every wire on the truck..worked the steering wheel back in forth with its tilt function and cannot get it to do it in the yard where i can narrow the location down...also when it has left me stranded and i put a fuse in it immediatley it blew before i could move the truck...but if i let the truck sit and cool then put the fuse in i could at least get it to run in park and move it a few hundred yards. Any input will be appreciated thanks

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo hoagie1kinobi,
Welcome and Great user name variation of obi wan kenobi!

I have vision issues, I believe thses are for **** fuse 9 in PDB; disconnect the PCM Power Relay just to see if that keeps from blowing the fuse.
Same test for PCM and Fuel Pump Relay
Then a grueling similar test for everything that is fed by circuit 361 Red.

Heat related perpetrators could be fuel pump relay coil corroded contacts; same for PCM.

power-distro-box.jpgpd5.jpgpd6.jpg

OP
OP
H

hoagie1kinobi

Reaction score
Thanks for the info miesk5.. Ive put alot of time and **** fuses into solving this issue..the number of systems using fuse 9 i feel is going to really make this a tough fix..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke