85 xlt

Rennie

I’ve looked all over the dashboard for a up/down switch. All I see under the steering wheel is a button?
And dumb ol country boy can’t find the fuse panel. HELP

Skitter302

Staff member
I'm lost, Can you provide some context for what your looking for. These vehicles are really basic but still come with lots of switches and buttons.

Rennie

I’ve looked all over the dashboard for a up/down switch. All I see under the steering wheel is a button?
And dumb ol country boy can’t find the fuse panel. HELP
I'm lost, Can you provide some context for what your looking for. These vehicles are really basic but still come with lots of switches and buttons.
there is a button underneath the steering wheel that looks like an old starter button. i cant find fuse panel. after we make deer sausage tomorrow i will take pic of dash panel and post them

Rennie

there is a button underneath the steering wheel that looks like an old starter button. i cant find fuse panel. after we make deer sausage tomorrow i will take pic of dash panel and post them

Skitter302

Staff member
Sounds like the hazards or key release button. Will be interested to see photos.

miesk5

Staff member
Yo Rennie,
I assume, and I've assumed incorrectly at times, the "up/down switch" you're seeking is for the tailgate glass.
s-l640.jpg
It's on HVAC Control Panel, labeled "Rear Glass".

Fuse Panel is located inside the passenger compartment, on firewall, left of the steering column. Basically behind the e-brake..

here is:
1985 Bronco Dealer Brochure via Gary @ 1985 Bronco - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1985 Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (partial) via Gary @
1985 EVTM - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1985 Bronco/F Series Specifications by Gary @ http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/axle-ratios.htm

1985 Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary @ Lubricant Specifications

1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments by Ford via Gary @ 1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

80-86 Bronco Differences by Gary @ 1980 - 86 Ford Trucks - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

Fasteners & Illustrations by Gary @ Ford 1980-86 Pickup Fasteners - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

Last edited:

Rennie

Yo Rennie,
I assume, and I've assumed incorrectly at times, the "up/down switch" you're seeking is for the tailgate glass.
View attachment 21443
It's on HVAC Control Panel, labeled "Rear Glass".

Fuse Panel is located inside the passenger compartment, on firewall, left of the steering column. Basically behind the e-brake..

here is:
1985 Bronco Dealer Brochure via Gary @ 1985 Bronco - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1985 Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (partial) via Gary @
1985 EVTM - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1985 Bronco/F Series Specifications by Gary @ http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/axle-ratios.htm

1985 Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary @ Lubricant Specifications

1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments by Ford via Gary @ 1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

80-86 Bronco Differences by Gary @ 1980 - 86 Ford Trucks - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

Fasteners & Illustrations by Gary @ Ford 1980-86 Pickup Fasteners - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)
That’s it my friend rear window switch.
and I found fuse block. thank you so much. You made my day, weekendEA69C2A0-648A-4119-9390-A200592CE0D0.jpeg

miesk5

Staff member
Yo Rennie,
Hope you get better soon!
I've been in hospitals, wheel chairs and rehab centers so I know how it is to wait to ger better and do things to our Bronco!
Be well SOON Rennie!
Al

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FWC_Bronco