79 Bronco Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackyl16

Reaction score
Hey there....I am in Auburn WA and I need some help.....I have no dash lights, dome light, nor a rear window which works...I know it is a wiring issue, just wondering if there is anyone in my area who would like to spend a Saturday helping me figure it out? Would be willing to pay for the help....

Thanks and please email me at [email protected] if you are in the Auburn, WA area and know a thing or two about the 1979 Bronco Custom.....

Thanks

John

bob75cj

Reaction score
My 79 didn't have dash lights when I got it. The PO had wired the radio to the original plug, used the dash light wire for orig radio for a ground. Constantly blew fuses. tailgate glass problem is likely to be the wire that goes to tgate from the body. After many years of opening and closing the wires crack. Check for power at ethe switch, if power there and not to gate when switch is used more than likely the wire in gate.

swampthing

Reaction score
i had the dash light problem tooo so for a quick fix i found the broken wire and jumped it to a hot key on in the fusepanel and works perfect now as tot he window i agree with what bob said the wires there are notorious for breaking...not too sure about the dome light most likely a fuse or the switch in the doorjam that activates it could be bad

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Not sure about a '79, but the later models had two fuses and circuits for the rear window. ONe is always hot to the key in the tailgate, and that is on one fuse, the other fuse goes to the dash switch, which only gets power through the ignition switch.

Also if the dash switch is not in the middle/nutral position, the tailgate key switch will not work.

There is also a sensor in the left latch that interrupts power to the rear window motor if the tailgate is not fully closed.

joe

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

Jackyl16

Reaction score
Hey thanks for all the help guys, it is really cool...Does anyoe know where I could find a dealer manual for a 79 Bronco? The ones there Tech's use from Frd to work on vechiles, like 1000's of pages thinck or whatever, not sure what they are called....thanks again for everything....

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Hey thanks for all the help guys, it is really cool...Does anyoe know where I could find a dealer manual for a 79 Bronco? The ones there Tech's use from Frd to work on vechiles, like 1000's of pages thinck or whatever, not sure what they are called....thanks again for everything....
Try ebay, there are a number of people who are regulars that have a variety of manuals either for auction, or in their ebay store.

joe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke