351w rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bdezeeuw

Reaction score
Working on a 351w swap in my 1991 full-size this is my first engine build and am a bit lost what to do. Got the block tore down and ready to go to the machine shop. I’m going to do a 100% rebuild and looking to get better power and torque for overlanding and towing. Swapping the heads for some GP40s I have that have already been rebuilt and machined. I’m at a loss for what to do with cam and injectors the goal is 300-350hp with a manual swap and plan on doing a 3in dual exhaust infront of the rear axle. Any further insight greatly appreciated

OP
OP
B

Bdezeeuw

Reaction score

Tbeck

Reaction score
Old school thought here, but 3” exhaust might be overkill. I don’t think it’ll hurt but it won’t help either. I’d go 2”. And if you pop out in front of rear axle it’s gonna be loud…. But ****, I was young once too so….🤠

OP
OP
B

Bdezeeuw

Reaction score
Old school thought here, but 3” exhaust might be overkill. I don’t think it’ll hurt but it won’t help either. I’d go 2”. And if you pop out in front of rear axle it’s gonna be loud…. But ****, I was young once too so….🤠
Fair enough will talk with shops and get better advice on the diameter for the exhaust though I’m pretty set on the location with a muffler in there to quiet it down. The point of relocating it’s dump though is to help with plans later in the build for overlanding

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke