1989 Bronco 2 XLT Desert Tire Size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbremer

Reaction score
Saturday - November 26th, 2022 - 1989 Bronco 2 XLT

I live out here in the Arizona desert, almost 3 miles off the pavement. The road to my place is dirt/sand and it has a lot of dips with mesquite bushes on both sides of the road that a lot of times scrap the side. Then, after almost a mile, there is a creek that runs with water just about 1/2 the year. During the monsoon season it can get well over a foot high with a very strong current. It's basically impassable every year for around a week or so.

Since I'm new to the Bronco world I'm wondering what the best tire size for me is. It needed a few tires badly when I first bought it. It has 215/70R15's on the front and 205/75R15's on the back. The back tires have a mud type of tread and the front tires have the standard straight tread. The space between the rear tires and the top of the wheel well looks natural when you look at the back tires but those front tires look tiny, a lot of space between the top of the tire and the wheel well, I guess that's natural? (Pics show it)

What kind of tire/tread and what tire size would you suggest for my situation - both front and back? (I don't want to lift it).

Attachments

• drivers-side-view.jpg
    drivers-side-view.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 0
  • passenger-side-view.jpg
    passenger-side-view.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics