1978 Bronco Liftgate Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjordanq

Reaction score
Howdy:

I have a 1978 Ford Bronco with the usual rear liftgate squeaks and rattles. Has anyone out there torn the thing apart and rebuilt it with any success to make the problem better? Or has anyone heard of any aftermarket liftgates that are silent?

thx

earl803

Reaction score
:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i have a 78 bronco. from time to time i will take a quart of 30 wt oil and with the window up,pour it down the window crack side to side. this has helped.

Seabronc

Reaction score
My gate purrs like a kitten :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Assuming it doesn't have the lower section rotted out, you probably only need to do some lubrication maintenance. Lower the gate, remove the panel cover and put some lithium grease on the pivit points. Your window motor may need repair or replacement which is easily done or perhaps the regulator mechaniswm needs replacement, but try a little **** first.

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo