1966 project has started!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruceB

Reaction score
The time has finally come, and my 1966 Bronco, picked off a Hillside in California is off to the welder! This Bronco came with what I'm told is a factory or dealer installed Ramsey PTo winch. I think it's super cool, but may not use it in the rebuild. Any one know more about it? It runs off a small transfer case off the side of the main transfer case . All drivelines are still connected, there wasn't ant controls in the cab, but a hole in the dash labeled PTO winch? Thank you, Bruce

Attachments

• bronco off to the welder.JPG
    bronco off to the welder.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 5
  • ramsey pto winch.JPG
    ramsey pto winch.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 7
  • ramsey winch tag.JPG
    ramsey winch tag.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 5

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Bruce,
Welcome!
"I had a Ramsey 8000lb PTO winch on a 74 F250. I was a 4spd truck and the PTO mounted to the transfercase. You could use any of the 4spd's gears, even in forth it was slow.
I never had any trouble with it. The only thing that ever broke was the cable.
The only minus is the weight and slow pulling speed. I was very happy with it." by Zebrafive @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threads/anyone-running-a-pto-winch.30210/

And;
"Ramsey is a reputable winch company that is still in business.
Generally there line of PTO winches is very heavy duty. I still see them all the time on tow trucks, a vehicle that requires a winch that works every day.
If the seals are leaking and just need to be replaced, you can probably match part numbers from a good parts store. Since those are getting hard to find, also try a local bearing shop. Often the hard part is to get the seal out without destroying any of they reference numbers on it."
&
"AFIK ramsey was never offered as a factory or dealer installed winch.. that would be the koenig "king winch""

See http://www.ramsey.com/intro.html

Al

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The time has finally come, and my 1966 Bronco, picked off a Hillside in California is off to the welder! This Bronco came with what I'm told is a factory or dealer installed Ramsey PTo winch. I think it's super cool, but may not use it in the rebuild. Any one know more about it? It runs off a small transfer case off the side of the main transfer case . All drivelines are still connected, there wasn't ant controls in the cab, but a hole in the dash labeled PTO winch? Thank you, Bruce

Any updates on this?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I have notice on the early broncos. That have the inner fender mounted to the firewall. I believe if I got one. I,d disconnect the inner fenders from the firewall and weld like a L shape pieces on the inner fender and if I wanted to change motors or have the motor area easier to work in. I,d just unbolt it and lift it off. . Nice looking project.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo