‘89 XLT 302 / 5.0 vacuum line?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quinto Jim

Reaction score
I’ve had this Bronco about 6 months. I continue to find little things wrong or broken. Can someone tell me what canister is called? Or a part number? Also this small vacuum line that is brittle and chalky. It located against firewall on passenger side. I have a Haynes manual and I can’t find it at all. Thanks guys. 308C3EE1-8EAE-4B5B-AD15-15A2D8F15C0A.jpeg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a vacuum diaphragm. that one goes to the HVAC controls to direct the air. The line that is in the photo isn't chewed up its rotted apart. Replace it with rubber or silicon and your god to go.

OP
OP
Quinto Jim

Quinto Jim

Reaction score
That is a vacuum diaphragm. that one goes to the HVAC controls to direct the air. The line that is in the photo isn't chewed up its rotted apart. Replace it with rubber or silicon and your god to go.
Thank you. At least I know what it's called so if I have to order one I can look it up.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Jim,
Welcome!
As Skitter advised, it's the Outside Recirculating Door's Vacuum Motor
; "Off- Vacuum is applied the Outside Recirc Door Vacuum Motor, closing that door to outside Air. Normal A/C - Outside-Recirc Door is open to outside air. The panel door directs air to the instr panel registers. by Ford

A/C Switches to Defrost in MAX Mode; "...If MAX A/C only blows out the defrost registers, or if it switches to defrost during hard acceleration, this vacuum line (to the recirculate motor) is the reason. The white plastic is far more susceptible to UV light than any other color, and the gap along the edge of the hood allows it to degrade..."

Here is some info for you; 1989 Ford Brono EVTM, Emissions (yellowish/red book cover) & Pre-Delivery Manuals, Partial via mrnewland1 in Google Drive @
1989 Service manual - Google Drive
HVAC Vacuum diagram is included
Slow scrolling, so download for faster viewing and to see the table of contents, the search feature, etc.

1989 Ford Bronco Dealer Brochure

1989 Bronco Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary
Al

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno