Engine Swap Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
If you’re looking to upgrade the power plant, the stock type engines 351/400, even the 460 are not the only options available. Now more horsepower and torque with better fuel efficiency can be had.

grumpy old man

Reaction score
My plan is to find an 07 or 08 4.6 auto 4WD explorer or mountaineer, overhaul everything between the front u joint and the front bumper and change it ALL to the bronco. engine, trans, transfer case wiring, dash if I can make it fit so that everything to do with the running gear will be from the donor car. That way if something malfunctions when she is out of state the mechanic does not have to wonder what is original and what is from the donor car. he can simply plug in his scan tool and do what is necessary.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
The inventory has changed even since you first posted that.

Kind of neat. I wonder if it would really be worth the swap?

Certainly hear great things about the godzilla engines. Like it is a great option for those that want diesel power and don't want the emissions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inquierme32